*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904226-Emily-Dickinson-A-Word-Nutty-Day
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#904226 added February 8, 2017 at 1:55pm
Restrictions: None
Emily Dickinson, A Word, Nutty Day
Prompt: "A word is dead when it is said, some say. I say it begins to live that day." Emily Dickinson How do you interpret this?

Writers bring life to words as soon as they hit the paper. We have news, poems, books, plays, speeches, teaching and where would we be without words? We do need them. We need to communicate. Words can hurt. I like when words give us joy, love and hope. Words live on and on through good and bad things. The word of God. That is still alive. Reading and arts. Characters and actors give life to words as they are acting. Why would a word die? Words live in books, writers' hearts and minds. Words don't die. Words of love. Words of truth. If we have no words, we have silence. No words. No communication. Be glad for the birth of words.

BCOF Prompt: Write about a nutty day.

I work in mental health. A nutty day. I work nights. So, a nutty night. Someone goes outside, sets off the alarm and falls in the snow. A patient drags his bed out into the hallway and takes chairs to his room. Spooky, unaccounted noises are coming from upstairs. The patients are all accounted for. A male patient goes outside and sets fire to the dumpster. A woman poops in her purse. A knock at the Ladies End door. You see a man you don't know and realize he is one of yours. How did he get outside? He says he went to the dumpster to look for his nude woman pictures and the Nurses lied. The dumpster said they weren't in there. A guy goes to bed and sticks a balloon down his underwear. This didn't all happen the same night but this is just a summary of what happens at night.

** Image ID #2109654 Unavailable **







© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904226-Emily-Dickinson-A-Word-Nutty-Day