*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904331-A-Timely-Experience
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#904331 added February 27, 2017 at 4:49pm
Restrictions: None
A Timely Experience!
My last entry in here was way back in July of last year, way too long of a time span. What happened? What indeed! Without going into a lot of boring detail I will try and summarize my bizzare experience that resulted in an almost seven month span of time.

I had returned from a camping trip and was pondering various forms of clean energy. Solar power is limited and expensive, wind power is ineffective and unreliable, and fossil fuels create unwanted side effects, not to mention they are running out. As for the first two, they also create a lot of pollution in creating and disposing of them. I also find miles and miles of towering wind-turbines to be eye pollution; very unsightly.

So, that leaves nuclear power. Again, there are some unwanted side effects, although I do believe with modern technology, many of these could be reduced. But wait, if the source of nuclear energy was from fusion instead of fission, there wouldn't be any unwanted side effects.

So, that's the solution, hydrogen fusion. All that was needed was for someone to figure out a way to make it work. I had some free time, so I took a gallon of water, for the hydrogen, an old microwave for a reactor source, and set about creating some clean energy. I figured I could use electricity to separate the hydrogen and the oxygen, then with the microwave, I could start a fusion reaction in the hydrogen. It sounded good at the time.

A car battery wired to a couple of electrodes served to separate the oxygen and hydrogen. But, the microwave just did not have enough power to start the reaction. I would need a much larger energy source, and Ben had the answer. Ben Franklin, that is. I waited for a good electrical storm and set my kite in flight, wired to the microwave. The car battery was forming bubbles in the water, so I knew I had hydrogen available. I set the timer on the microwave haphazardly to two hours, five minutes, and seventeen seconds. Yes, 02:05:17, then pushed the start button and watched as a bolt of lightning traveled down the kite cord and into the microwave.

I thought I had it! There was a large, white, burning sphere of energy inside the microwave, but then, the door blew off and a white funnel of energy grew from the now molten appliance. It grew quickly into a huge funnel of energy, following the line up to the kite. I was pulled into it and began to feel tingly as I sped up the core of my energy tornado. Then, everything went black and I could feel myself falling, and falling, and then falling some more. Then... nothing.

I woke up feeling kind of nauseous, and went into the house. I went to bed and slept for hours, then got up and realized that not just hours had passed since I had started my experiment, but months. Yes, I had traveled forward in time to February fifth. I spent a day trying to figure out a way to get back to my own time, but it was useless, the microwave was fried. Besides, I had no way of knowing if it would work to go back in time or not; I firmly believe it impossible to ever go back in time as times always passes forward.

So, here I am. I failed at nuclear fusion, but I discovered it is possible to traveled forward in time. I ripped up my plans, however, and will not even consider building another time machine. See, I don't have enough time now, so why the hell would I want to build a device that makes it pass even faster?

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904331-A-Timely-Experience