*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904347
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#904347 added February 10, 2017 at 4:01am
Restrictions: None
F-10 Words-325
uncle John?” I asked with more with concern than with curiosity.

Then he revealed the startling news. Uncle did his bank work such as withdrawals or deposits or transfers to colleagues’ accounts, usually, on Mondays. He had seen that on Mondays, there was less crowd at the bank and he could complete money transaction without waiting for too long. A week before, he had been to the bank and returned within short time after finishing his business.
Next Monday, that was before he came visiting us, he went to the Union Bank to deposit a cheque he got from a paddy whole sale dealer. The teller whose name on her badge said, Miss Cathy Shaw, was quite helpful. She completed updating his passbook with details and handed it over to John, with a friendly smile through the small window separating tellers and the public. She seemed new around the bank who might have come here on transfer from another branch of the same bank.
John took his book, ran his eyes down the page that recorded withdrawal and deposit details.
As he read through, he felt sweat springing on his forehead. Evidently, he was in shock. He saw large amounts were withdrawn from his account. In his panic John walked back to Miss. Cathy’s cubicle and said with alarm,
“Miss. Cathy, there seems a problem here.”
“What is it sir?” she asked with concern, walking out to him from her seat behind the teller’s window.

“Just take a look at this Miss.” John showed the amounts which were withdrawn from his account a few days back.
Together, they pored over the page and saw that someone had taken money from his account. Then they looked at John’s cheque book and noticed some leaves missing.

“I wonder why and how this happened. After all, banks are supposed to be safe places where customers feel secure about their money. I am confused as to how this happened,”
© Copyright 2017 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904347