*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904404
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#904404 added February 11, 2017 at 3:53am
Restrictions: None
F-11 Words-350
said John with a puzzled look.

“Unless the cheques have your signatures which match with your specimen signature in our records, we don’t let withdrawals to be made. Let us check out the details of those particular days’ events when the said amount from your account is withdrawn,” she said with concern.
She then, went to the manager’s cabin to get his permission let her examine the ledger and folio in which, John’s account details were recorded.

John told her of what he noticed. Luckily, he carried his cheque book with him. Together, they noticed, two leaves missing.
John paled. Who it could be, he wondered. Cathy Shaw noticed his pallor; she could imagine his emotional distress.
“Don’t worry Mr. Rider, we’ll find out the culprit.”
“John please. I need to know why and how it happened, something that I haven’t come across so far.”
“He’ll come back for more, remember he’s got one more to get his hands on.”

“Mr. Rider, would you like a cup of tea before we go in depth to trace the mischief?”
“Miss. Cathy, I am not Rider, it is Mackenzie.”
“Oh, sorry sir. Somehow it got impressed on my mind that you are a Rider, another affluent family settled in the same district as you are,” Cathy was vociferous in her apology to John.
“That’s ok with me Ma’am. I just wanted to clarify, especially, considering the fact that it is a bank where names and signatures attain a special significance,” replied John whose words were convincing and sincere.
“Thank you sir,” replied Cathy with another of her sparkling smiles “Yes, Miss. Please call me John. It sounds strange to be addressed with sir preceding my name,” responded John with an amused smile.

The bank was slowly emptying as the hands in big clock crept to 5pm. Shadows lengthened and the west was awash in twilight colors. John, who was standing outside the bank waiting for Cathy, noticed that the traffic on the road outside thickened, and the blare of horns, and guessed how unwelcome the noise must be to the residents living
© Copyright 2017 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904404