*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904611
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#904611 added February 14, 2017 at 8:33am
Restrictions: None
F-14 Words-425
the chair facing us.
“This is uncle John, my mother’s brother and my favorite uncle,” I told her.
“He is a farmer profession and a master in all departments pertaining to the countryside. Besides farming, he also is a fine trainer of race horses and well, the list goes on. It is not easy to find a man like him,” I said sounding lame to myself.

“Hello sir,” said Ashley, “It is a privilege and pleasure to meet people like you.” Her teeth flashed like polished pearls when she smiled her typical smile.

“Don’t go by Jim’s words lassie. I am not as good as he makes me out. I have lost lot money recently. If I was a man of sense it wouldn’t have happened,” said uncle John in a rather dull voice and with a crestfallen face.

“Oh, I am sorry to hear that sir. You can tell me about it if you care to,” offered Ashley.
I intervened and said, “Why can’t we walk home and talk about it? May I invite you to my home Ashley? Do you have time for a brief visit?” I asked, half in a pleading voice.

Ashley agreed to join us with the condition that I would see her off at the substation.

When we reached home, I saw lights burning in the hall and voices floating on the night air. As we went in we saw aunt Sarah and Jonathan talking to my mom. Uncle John was happy to see them and joined them on the settee. They looked up to Ashley as I introduced her to them. Her magnetism was such that despite himself even Jonathan said “Hello” to her in an agreeable way. She greeted them all and sat by the side of Jonathan and started a conversation with him in a lively way.

“What is your line of work, Ashley?” asked my mom.
“I am a physiotherapist Mrs. Roberts.” She replied.
“You must be busy throughout the day I guess,” my mom continued.
“My dad was the person who persuaded me to choose this line, because he thought very few go for it, not knowing how crucial it is to help certain patients regain lost strength” she informed.
All of us listened with attention as she described her experiences. I was impressed with the nature of her work.

Suddenly in between the conversation, my aunt Sarah asked,
“Can you help Jonathan in any way, Ashley?”
Ashley looked up and said without a falter, “definitely Ma’am. At least we can try.”
Aunt Sarah’s
© Copyright 2017 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904611