*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904717-NaNoWriMo-Day-5-Saturday-Obversations-WC1994
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1960296
The history of Prosperous Snow written for the group Reminiscences
#904717 added February 15, 2017 at 5:24pm
Restrictions: None
NaNoWriMo Day 5: Saturday Obversations (WC:1994)
Jalál (Glory), 3 Qudrat (Power), 173 BE - Saturday, November 5, 2016 AD about 11:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time

Saturday Morning Observations


I awake later than usual this morning. I took my first medication, recited the morning prayer revealed by Baha'u'llah, and then got ready for my day. I brewed a fresh carafe of Folgers black, I let Chena out, I turned on the computer, checked my Bank of America checking account, and I uploaded the scanner to the National Consumer Panel (NCP) website. Next I check the NCP website for surveys, while I was there I input this week's information into the RX Views Diary and did two surveys.

It's been a busy morning. I took the stuff off the T.V. stand that sets on the left side of my computer chair. That stuff is lying on the recliner so that I can go through it today and throw away whatever I don't want to keep. I also went out to mailbox to pick up today's delivery. The American Baha'I came and is lying where I can easily get it to read a article or two. Perhaps I can find something to write about or that will inspire a poem.

It's a cool day here in Las Vegas. According to the information on Bing, the temper is 72 degrees Fahrenheit and the day is supposed to be sunny. This is good because it means we don't have to close the window or door in order to turn on the air conditioner. We haven't turned that on for about two months or so. The less we turn on the air conditioner the less electricity we will use and the cheaper the power bill.

I can hear the people in the neighborhood moving around and making happy noises. When I went out to check the mail, I said good morning to the lady in the apartment building next door. She's a sweet little old lady with Alzheimer's disease. She has a route she walks twice a day pushing a baby stroller. In the stroller is a trash can she uses to hold aluminum cans and other recyclables which she sells for extra money. There are a lot of people in this neighborhood that need extra money.

There is a bird singing in one of the trees across the street. I think, from the sound of its song, it is a sparrow or some other kind of song bird rather than a pigeon. We have a lot of song birds and pigeons in this neighborhood. My sister seems to think I live in a ghetto, but I believe that is because there are a lot of black and Hispanic families living here. I don't think it a ghetto. I like living here because its intercultural.

About 5:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time

Saturday Afternoon Observations

I can hear a jet flying overhead. I don't know what kind plane it is because I can't see it, but from the sound I suspect it's a jet from Nellis Air Force Base which reminds me of an experience I had when Mom and I were living on Bracken Avenue. Every once in a while, usually on the weekend, a fighter jet from Nellis would fly over the neighborhood. I don't know why the pilot flew so low, but I suspect it was because he had a wife or girlfriend living in that part of town and he wanted to buzz her house. I'm sure there were other possible reasons for the pilot's actions; however, I can't think of them.

I'm cleaning off my computer desk, removing the trash that is lying on the left side of my computer. Some of the stuff isn't trash, but until I go through it I can't tell if it's trash, stuff that I should keep, or stuff I need to give away. I found a loose leaf notebook, which has some poems or stories started.

I tremble at the thought
The ides
Of moving beyond my limits:
What have my efforts wrought?


What did I intend to do with that stanza when I wrote it? I didn't date the lines so I don't know whether I wrote them this year, last year, or the year before. The problem is that sometimes I put date on my beginning efforts and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I use the Gregorian dates and sometimes I use the Baha'I dates. I think I need to decide on which dates to use and then remember to date my ideas when I write them down.

Miscellaneous Thoughts

It's been a long day. I got up late this morning so I haven't gotten as much accomplished as I would like. I posted to my writing.com blog, but I didn't get the Poet 999 blog posted to. I haven't posted to it in a while. I'll have to post something to it in the morning. I can compose the post tonight, but I don't want to post it to Poet 999 – A Butterfly Emerges from Her Cocoon until Sunday because the entry is about the End Daylight Saving Time.

For the past couple of days I've had problems getting more than 2,000 words written. I can understand why I had issues on Friday because we went to the grocery store. I thought I would have prescriptions to pick up, but the doctor hadn't faxed them back to the pharmacy. If the doctor hasn't gotten the information back to Smith's pharmacy by Monday or Tuesday then I'll have to call the doctor to see what the problem is. I haven't got time to fool around this that this week end because I still have at least 8,000 words to write. I need to write a total of 16,000 words before Tuesday, November 8. I I don't working the election polls will put me behind on the word count.

I called Faye this morning about 11:00 AM, but she hasn't gotten back to me. I hope she's all right. When I talked to her last she was drunk and belligerent. Sometimes I think I know what her problem is and sometimes I don't. I know there's a good possibility that she could hurt herself while she drunk. I'm not sure there's anything I can do about that. I don't think I could do anything about it if I lived in Searchlight with her. Her landlady keeps an eye on her and if she didn't show up at work then either her boss would call me or her landlady. If her boss called her landlady then the woman would call me.

The only thing I can do is pray for Faye and hope she has sense enough not to drive when she's drinking. I know she normally don't drive when she drinks, but there isn't a guarantee that she won't start. I wish there was some way I could help her, but she has to come to the conclusion that she can't drink because she's an alcoholic. I would like her to come to that conclusion on her own, but I don't know whether she will or not.

I think the best thing for me to do is find a place the De and I can afford without assistance from Faye. Then just let her do whatever she wants with the books in storage. I don't know what Faye has against the Baha'I faith, but I suspect she has something against it. I would hope that Faye is going to church; however, there's no way for me to know without her finding out I'm snooping into her life. She said on Thursday that she went to church every Sunday morning. The problem is that I don't know it I can believe her or not. I'll just have to put the situation with Faye into Baha'u'llah's hands and get on with my life.

Surveys

I did several surveys today. I have over $33.00 in my Inbox Dollars account. I can now send for a check. I'm not sure whether I should send for it now or wait until I get $33.00 in my Send Earnings account. I suppose I could request the money in the Inbox Dollars account, if I do that then I will be ask if I want to attempt to raise the amount to $40.00. Then I could attempt to raise that to $40.00 while building the money in the Send Earnings account up to $33.00. It takes about three to four weeks to get a check through the mail. The question is "Would I need money before the checks come?" The answer to that is probably because I'm always needing money for something or other.

I would like to build the money in my Vindale research account to $50.00 before November 15. If I do that then I can request the money be transferred to my PayPal account. Once the money is in my PayPal account then it takes only a couple of days for it to be transferred to my checking account. The only survey websites I checked today are My Survey, Inbox Dollars, Send Earning, I-Say, and Vindale research. I haven't checked my Cox inbox in a couple of days, so I probably have some surveys in it. I also need to check my G-mail inbox to see what surveys I have there. Those will have to wait until after I finish writing my NaNo entry today.

The End of Daylight Savings Time

Daylight savings time is drawing to and end. On Sunday, November 6, our clocks will go back or is that fall back at 2:00 AM. The only two clocks in this apartment that needs to be manually reset are in the kitchen. The clock on the microwave and the stove are manual and have to be turned back. Fortunately, we don't have to worry about the cocks on the computer, cellphones, or the television because they are set to turn back automatically. I like the idea of not having to turn back clocks.

De has already turned the cocks in the kitchen back which is a lot better than I always managed. When I was responsible for turning those back I always missed one clock. Actually, I didn't miss it. I just didn't bother turning the clock on the microwave back for several days or weeks because I just didn't see the need to do it. There was always a clock in the house with the proper time, so the microwave clock was never necessary. When I got a cellphone then the clock on the phone was always right, which meant that I didn't have to turn on the computer to see what time it was.

How do I begin the Sunday entry for Poet 999 – A Butterfly Emerges from Her Cocoon. I suppose I could compose a poem. I think I've written about my screwed up sense of time the first few days after the clocks are turned back. Come to think of it, I've been having a weird feeling about time for the past few days. For some reason Thursday felt like Friday and Friday felt like Saturday. I don't know what the problem was, but today (which is Saturday) seems like Saturday. I suppose that would be a good theme or plot for a science fiction or fantasy story.

Final Thoughts

I need to clean the recliner off before I go to bed (I sleep on the recliner). I moved some stuff from the T.V. stand by the computer desk (I think I mentioned that earlier in today's entry) and put it on the recliner. The idea was to clean off the recliner by sorting through the stuff and throwing what was unkeepable or I didn't want away. I'll have to do that before I get too tired to determine the difference between junk and stuff I want to keep. Therefore, I think I'll close this entry and go work on the stuff on the recliner.
© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904717-NaNoWriMo-Day-5-Saturday-Obversations-WC1994