*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904721
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1960296
The history of Prosperous Snow written for the group Reminiscences
#904721 added February 15, 2017 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
NaNoWriMo Day 8 and 9: Miscellaneous Thoughts (WC:1000)
Fiḍál (Grace), 6 Qudrat (Power), 173 BE - Tuesday, November 8, 2016 AD

Miscellaneous Thoughts:
Part 1

I spent the entire day, November 8, at working the election polls. As a results I didn't get online or write anything toward my NaNoWriMo word count goal. This is unusual because normally when working the polls I write at least a few paragraphs. This year is different from years before and I'm not sure whether it's a physical or spiritual problem. It could be just age, because I was so tired by the end of the day that I couldn't add numbers together. I counted the names on the pages just fine, but I couldn't focus on adding them together. Not sure what the problem was, but I'll probably have to take to my doctor about it.

‘Idál (Justice), 7 Qudrat (Power), 173 BE - Wednesday, November 9, 2016 AD about 9:35 AM Pacific Standard Time

Miscellaneous Thoughts:
Part 2

I made a paragraph entry or rather an explanation of why I didn't writing anything on my NaNoWriMo word count goal for November 8. I'm still a little tired this morning which means I'm going to be tired for the rest of the day. I have to go to Smith's Food and Drug about 9:00 AM to pick up some meds. After that I'm coming back home to finish work here. I don't know how many words I'll be able to write today, but I will get a few written.

De will go the pharmacy today to pick up my five pills. The electrician is supposed to be here today to fix the electrical problem in the kitchen. The woman I spoke to yesterday said that the tech will be here between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM. I'm not sure how long it will take or how long the electricity will be off so that the tech can fix the problem in the kitchen. I hope it isn't long because I still have about 4,000 words to write for NaNoWriMo. I'm sure I don't have over 500 word written yet because I'm only on page one. I figure four to six pages make about 2,000 words. That means I have about eight to twelve pages to write today. Part of the entry may be my thoughts on the election or on the spiritual destiny of America because I suspect what is happening today is part of the path toward achieving that spiritual destiny.

About 11:26 AM Pacific Standard Time

Dear Baha'u'llah,

I know I haven't been good at keeping out of politics. I've made remarks and judgments about people in political office that I shouldn't. Please forgive me. Please help me focus on your teachings of love and unity. I'm sure that is the only way to heal America or the planet.

Baha'u'llah, I attempt to keep my mouth shut about what I think, but I don't always do a good job. I haven't been turning to you in times of temptation and fear. I know that the only way to heal the planet and America is through your teachings. I know this, but there are times in my life when I don't act like it. I can't change without your help. I haven't been stopping and thinking about the opinions I have about the people in political office or indeed many other people. I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

Baha'u'llah, I want to tell people about America's glorious destiny but I'm not sure how. Even if I did know how my actions up to now haven't always shown that. I need your help to change the way I've been thinking and acting towards people I make judgments about. How do I go about doing this? I suspect or rather I know that the first step is more prayer. I have to be persistent with my prayers and more aware of the way my actions especially in the way they reflect the Faith.

Your's Always,
N.F. Darbe AKA Prosperous Snow

Istijlál (Majesty), 8 Qudrat (Power), 173 BE - Thursday, November 9, 2016 AD about 7:17 PM Pacific Standard Time

Miscellaneous Thoughts:
Part 3


I'm not going to make the 2,000 word goal, but I might or might not have a chance of making the 1,667 word goal. Today the electrician came to fix the breaker panel in the kitchen. The two electricians who came installed and new panel. When the first electrician came, he turned off the electricity and we were with electricity in this apartment from about 3:00 PM to approximately 5:30 PM. That means I didn't do a lot of writing. This means I'll have to push myself tomorrow to catch up. I think I'll take a different approach. I have four prompts from the Blogging Group of Friends and Blog City waiting in my writing.com inbox. I think I will use those to kick start my writing on November 10.

I didn't push myself this morning or while I was waiting for the electricity was off. I said some prayers and took a nap while waiting for the breaker panel was being fixed. I wasn't very enthusiastic about writing or much of anything today. I think it was because I over extended myself yesterday and was so tired when I got home. The more I think about working the election polls in the future the less enthusiastic I am about it. I'll have to find a better way to make extra money.

I don't make that much money when working the polls. It's only about $240.00 every two to four years. This means I have to worry about other ways of making extra money in between. I suspect that, since Trump is the president elect, my Medicare and Social Security will be cut. At least, my Medicare will be endanger and probably what little SNAP money I get now. I'm scared. However, the only thing that I can do is place the situation in God's hands and work to help find a solution.
© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904721