*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904793-30bdc--The-Heart-of-Rock-and-Roll
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#904793 added February 16, 2017 at 11:26am
Restrictions: None
30bdc: The Heart of Rock and Roll
We've all got them...what are some of your favorite misheard song lyrics? Those words and lines you swear are/were the truth...until someone else set you straight with the facts (and probably the lyric booklet that came with the album/tape/CD).

Oh, my gosh, he bought it hook, line and sinker! Picture it -- Houston, mid-80s, when Huey Lewis and the News was running at full steam and Heart of Rock and Roll was at the top of the charts. I am in Houston for a work assignment and there was a guy from New York who had the real last name of Bond. Alas, his first name was not James, his parents did not have a sense of humor at all. We found the one decent rock station in Houston and cranked it up to the chagrin of the others who worked with us. We did not care. Huey Lewis and the News played every hour whether we wanted to hear it again or not, and finally Mr. New York gave in: "Do you know what that line is?" I said: "Yes. The heart of rock and roll is in Cleveland."
He corrected me a few days later and said, "The heart of rock and roll is still beating."
I looked at him like he was a nut job. And then it dawned on me that he believed me! I stared at him in my best you-idiot expression, before I said "I know."
Too funny.

© Copyright 2017 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904793-30bdc--The-Heart-of-Rock-and-Roll