*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905132-February-17th-2017
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2107081
You're not ready for the truth. Then again, you probably never will be.
#905132 added February 21, 2017 at 1:25am
Restrictions: None
February 17th, 2017
What’s the Difference
Between Us and Them


Here on Earth, we call them months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds. But the rest of the universe doesn’t. They do have something similar. If there is a civilization, then they have one. It’s just not the same as ours.

Time measurements are very different too. Like snowflakes here on Earth, no two are the same. All civilized planet has some time measurement. They all have hours and minutes. But a whole lot of them don’t have seconds. A number of hours in a day or the number of minutes in an hour. We have twenty- four hours and sixty minutes. And like snowflakes again no one else has that combination. There are a few that have one or the other. But not the same. The average hourly time is between fifteen and fifty. Most of them are between twenty and thirty.

As for the minutes, they range from about thirty to one hundred per hour. A few civilization are a little more. One hundred and twenty-five is the most. The average time measurements are between forty-five to seventy-five minutes.

All civilized planets have some kind of calendar showing their years, months, weeks, and days. But they aren’t called calendars. Most are similar to that, but not the same. The years are of course the same. It’s how they are represented that aren’t. As for the months of those years, they range from ten to fifteen. A lot are less or some are more. But ten to fifteen is also average. The weeks in a month are different too. They range from three to eight. A few are only two. And there are some that are nine or ten. The highest is twelve. But the average is five or six. As for the days, they average between five to ten days per week. Some are up to fifteen. But none are under four. Unlike our days in a month that are jagged, all the other planets in the universe aren’t.

It’s not just what I have blogged about so far that are different. So, are measurements like yards, feet, inches, miles, etc. Every planet has them. They just aren’t called that. And like time and calendars, their measurements are the same as ours either. It all depends on what planet you are on.

So, if you read one or more of these term in any of my stories you will know I’m not saying that is what they call it. In fact, it’s just the opposite. I try to be as actuate as I can be with using planetary, civilization, terminology. But sometimes it’s too confusing or word count usage to try to explain it. It’s easy for me just to use our terminology.



© Copyright 2017 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905132-February-17th-2017