*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905148
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#905148 added February 21, 2017 at 8:23am
Restrictions: None
F-21 words-600
Ashley continued talking as she got up to leave. I checked the time and it was past lunch time.
“Sorry Ashley, I kept you off lunch. Why not we meet at the coffee club next on Sunday so I can listen to the next eventful turn as to how you have picked on this rarely heard therapy?” I said rather regretfully for not able to continue our talk.

“That’s right Jim. I will be late for the clinic. As you have said, it will be next Sunday at the coffee club,” replied Ashley. I kissed her good bye. She smiled her sweet smile, and started her car and drove away.

Once again I was left feeling the emptiness once she went away. I needed her by my side always, cried my heart.

As I walked in I heard the phone ringing.
I took it in the living room. It was uncle John.
“Hey Jim. How are you? I got a phone call from Cathy at the bank. She wants me to rush to the bank this afternoon.”
I felt excited. Surely, there must be a breakthrough, some kind of clue to the mysterious withdrawal of money from uncle John’s bank account.

“OK uncle. That is an interesting bit of news. My mom will be happy to know of your expected visit. Sorry, I won’t be able to receive you. But I will join you at the bank after four in the afternoon.” I told him about my own falling short of the schedule at work.

“No problem Jim. You go ahead with your schedule. I will go home, talk to my sister for a while, freshen up and then will go to the bank,” he replied in his own cheerful manner.

“OK uncle John. I am sure things will work out fine for you at the bank.” I wished him luck and finished the call.

Being extremely busy, I couldn’t make it to the Union Bank that afternoon as I had earlier promised to my uncle. Time slipped by and soon I was on my way back home.
As anticipated uncle John was there chatting with mom. I went in noticed Cathy standing near the hall window watching the scene outside.

“Hi Jim,” she greeted me quite gracefully. “ We have some exciting news to tell you.”
“I cannot wait to listen to it. Just give me a moment and I will be there with you guys.”
So saying I went into the wash room, splashed some cool water on my face, changed into a tee-shirt, got myself a cup of coffee and joined the others in the drawing room.

“Well, let me tell you what transpired before I contacted your uncle,” started Cathy’s recount of that day at the bank.

At eleven in the morning, the bank usually got busy, with customers going in and out of it. Cathy was at her desk dispersing with people who either drew or deposited money into their bank accounts.

“May I have this cheque cashed please?” enquired a voice, which sounded faintly familiar to Cathy. She looked up from studying the ledger and was taken aback momentarily. She quickly recovered from the initial moment of shock and said,

“ Yes Sir, certainly,” so saying she took the cheque and saw the details. It had John’s signature clearly attested at the end of it. It was to drawn in favor of self. So, on the flip side of the cheque, she found John’s signature again. Both signatures were meticulous, nothing to find fault with. She looked at the amount and let out a
© Copyright 2017 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905148