*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905177-May-5-2014
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1960296
The history of Prosperous Snow written for the group Reminiscences
#905177 added February 21, 2017 at 2:16pm
Restrictions: None
May 5, 2014
It's Monday again. It's Weird Monday! This morning I attempted to make a blog entry, but instead of publishing the entry (which I wanted to do) I or the technology saved it as a draft. I suppose it was a good thing because it gave me part of the title for a response to a prompt for a thirty-day blogging challenge I'm participating in. However, it was a bit irritating - on the irritating scale of 1 to 10 (with 1 being the lowest and 10 the highest) it was a 1.5.

I'm finishing off the celery soup today. I have some chicken breast in the freezer that I want to fix, but I can't cook them if I have leftovers in the refrigerator. I don't know how I'm going to fix the chicken breast; perhaps with the pasta sauce. I have a large jar of pasta sauce in the cupboard, which I have to use up before I go the Lutheran Social Services again. I also have some other canned items I have to use and some coupons for the Farmer's Market. I'd like to go to the Market on Wednesday, but I may have to do laundry that day.

I have to check in the refrigerator and see what I have in the back. I think there is a salad in there that I hope is still good. I like salad but I sometimes have trouble chewing it. I have trouble chewing vegetable which is why I like to cook them because it easier for me to eat and digest. If I eat too many raw vegetable I have a tendency to fart and I don't like that; especially in public.

Some woman called this morning trying to sell me health insurance. She said she wasn't trying sell me anything, but this is the second time the same woman has called or at least the someone with the same name. I got bitchy when she wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise, so I know it was a telemarketer call because they are the only ones who won't let you talk. Telemarketers want to sell you something so they don't want to hear what you have to say.

The only ways to deal with a telemarketer is to become a bitch or hang up on them. I'm becoming a bitch. I know the people are just trying to make a living, but they could take no for an answer. Most of the telemarketers that call me care (or appear to care) only about making money. Telemarketers are worse the the people from the collection agencies; at least the people from those agencies will listen to what you have to say.

I did get an idea for a story or poem for that call. When I got angry and the bitch came out she said "We will take you off the list." I'm sure she will take me off that list, but she will put me on a list that they sell to other agency, so I figure I'll get more of this type of calls int he future. At least I can write about them and that means dealing with them isn't all bad.

I seem to be getting tired after writing about five hundred words. This is a struggle for me, it pushes the envelope and takes me out of my comfort zone. I hope I can raise the money for a membership. I don't know where the money will come from, but I need to find it somewhere. I'm so deep in debt now, I don't know what to do; however, I'm not worried and maybe I should be.

Someone is supposed to come and unstick a drawer. It's the drawer that has most of my flatware in it. I also think the cheese slicer is in that draw and I need the cheese slicer to fix grilled cheese sandwiches. It's been a long time since I had a grilled cheese sandwich. I've never had a grilled cheese with spicy mustard and I think I would like it. Right now the only bread I have in the house is bagels and I'll have to eat those up this week. As soon as I warm the rest of the celery soup up in the microwave I'll use one of the bagels to soak up the liquid in the soup. Bagels are good for that and they taste so good with soup. I need to start watching my diet closer.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905177-May-5-2014