*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905181-Wow-2500-for-a-sofa
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#905181 added February 21, 2017 at 2:49pm
Restrictions: None
Wow, $2500 for a sofa?!?
I got a catalog in the mail recently. I flipped it open and the first thing I saw was a $2500 sofa. I knew right away that I had not requested that catalog. *Smile*

We often get catalogs and magazines delivered to the wrong addresses in our subdivision. They will either be for someone on our street with an entirely different address number or someone with the same house number on a parallel street. I did wonder which one of my neighbors might have won the lottery, considering the cost of the merchandise in the catalog.

But when I looked at the address....my address has 4 numbers in it, and the address on the catalog had 3 numbers in it, 3 of the 4 in mine. The street name was the same, except that ours has an "e" on the end, and that street name did not. We're an avenue, and the intended recipient lived on a road. And you know what else? We're in Cincinnati, and the intended recipient lives in Batesville, Indiana! Seriously.

And here's the kicker. I tried to give the catalog back to the mailman (sorry, he's a guy *Smile* ) but he told me that he would just throw it away since it was just a catalog and not a bill or even a magazine someone had paid for. I told him that sometimes catalog companies also charge for catalogs, but he didn't seem concerned.




© Copyright 2017 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905181-Wow-2500-for-a-sofa