*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905268-More-Than-One-Hump
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#905268 added February 22, 2017 at 7:48pm
Restrictions: None
More Than One Hump
Today is Wednesday, often referred to as hump day. This is because it's the middle of the week for most folk, and it's kind of similar to a hump in the week, down hill from here till the weekend. For me it's a bit different, as I currently have Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off, it's the hump before work starts. Today, however, also marks my passing a hump in writing.

I think I can call it a hump, instead of writers block. After all, I had to overcome the hump to write something. And, like a hump, I would get a start on writing, then lose momentum and not finish, or get over the hump. Today, however, I did get over it. I was struggling for a while and thought I wasn't going to make it, I had a poem almost finished but could not find the last stanza to finish it. I must have written a half dozen different endings, but none I was satisfied with and began thinking I should just let it sit and stew for a bit, maybe finish it tomorrow.

Sometimes that helps, but more often it just provides me with another unfinished item piling up in my "need to finish" folder. I did take a small break from it and gave my wife a hand. Then it was back to the laptop to try and finish it. It worked and the ending started to form, then flow out to the keyboard, and the poem was finished, the hump that has hung me up behind me.

I know there will be more humps ahead, as well as some ruts and bumps. But, each time I overcome one, I build more confidence in facing those ahead.

If you want to read the item, it's here: "Summer Storm

Please let me know what you think, even if you don't do a review. Thank you.

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905268-More-Than-One-Hump