*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905329-Crossing-Over
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1800008
A daily walk with... ME
#905329 added February 23, 2017 at 8:33am
Restrictions: None
~~Crossing Over~~
I recently received an email from a friend here at WDC who is at his mother's side during her last moments. It brought back memories of my own mother's passing on March 19, 2010. I and all my siblings surrounded Mom in her last hours. We three oldest went to my house to get some rest, and the three youngest were there at the nursing home when she died. I have always regretted leaving her side and missing her passing. Perhaps it was meant to happen this way. I don't know. My advice to anyone in this situation is to stay close. Whether your mom is conscious or not, talk to her. She can hear you. Let her know she is loved and that you appreciate all she has done for you. If she is very close to death, she will begin to actually see those close to her who have passed on. Never take for granted this event you are a part of. It is a privilege to witness one's crossing over from the hands of you, her child, to the hands of her Father, our Father. She is about to see the face of God!! You will remember this moment for as long as you live. Hold the details in your heart. And when you are ready, write about it. It will be hard, but healing.

Alzheimer's Disease Ribbon

© Copyright 2017 Winnie Kay (UN: winniekay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Winnie Kay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905329-Crossing-Over