*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905890-March-3rd-2017
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2107081
You're not ready for the truth. Then again, you probably never will be.
#905890 added March 4, 2017 at 8:11pm
Restrictions: None
March 3rd, 2017

Food, Eating, and
what comes after that


I’ve talked about Food Preparation and Eating Area with residences. But I haven’t told you about what kind of food that the rest of the universe eat. That’s not an easy issue to talk about, though. It's not that hard either. We all eat. At least most of us do. It’s what we eat that is more difficult to explain.

Like I just said above, most of us do eat. We must eat to survive. But that’s not exactly true everywhere in the universe. About ninety-five percent of us must eat to survive. The other five don’t. Most of them still do. But they don’t have to do it.

What they eat is a lot different than us here on Earth too. Most of them are like us, and they eat meat, fruits, vegetables, and plants. But there are a lot that doesn't eat meat. And some of them don’t eat plants, but they do eat only fruits and vegetables. Then there are some that eat plants and fruits but no vegetables. And there are some that only eat plants and vegetables but not fruits.

See what I mean. It’s very confusing, isn’t it? What they eat isn’t the only thing that confusing either. So is what they eat regarding the type of food it is. For example, their meat is very much like ours. Except their animals aren’t the same as ours. They look a lot like ours. But they aren’t the same. The same applies when it comes to their fruits, vegetables, and plants too. They are similar. But not the same.

How they eat is also very much like us. Most have utensils of some kind. But they aren’t called forks, spoons, and knives like we do. A lot of them don’t even look like our utensils. Most do look and are used, like ours. But there are quite a few that don’t too. I know, it’s almost as confusing as what they eat.

Probably the hardest part about food and eating is what happens after they eat it. Does the rest of the universe go to the bathroom aka restroom like we do here on Earth? The answer to that question is yes and no. Almost every civilized planet has a Personal Care Center within their residences, Eating Places (what we call restaurants), businesses, etc. but they don’t call them bathrooms or restrooms. Most of them call them Personal Care Centers. The few that don’t call them that call them something like that. The way they dispose of the food they eat is also somewhat different than how we do it. Most do it like us. But there are several billion that don’t.

Not every civilization that consumes food dispose of it like we do or the rest of the universe does. They don’t dispose of it at all. The food gets absorbed into their bodies. I know what you are thinking, that these civilizations are all fat. But that’s not true. A few do. And some of them do end up dying because of it. But most don’t. The food gets only absorbed into their bodies for a short period, then it disappears. About the same amount of time it takes us to dispose of our food.

I haven’t written a lot of stories about individuals eating. And I haven’t written any about what comes after they eat it. But I have written a few. The ones I have written involving food I haven’t gone into too much detail about what it is except that it’s meat of some kind. Why do I do that? That's because it would be too complicated to explain what the animal, fruit, vegetable, or plant is without referring it to what we here have on Earth. That’s because I don’t write Earth-based stories. If I use a reference to Earth food, then to me that’s writing about Earth. And I don’t do that.



© Copyright 2017 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905890-March-3rd-2017