*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905907-Sparklers
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#905907 added March 3, 2017 at 7:13am
Restrictions: None
Sparklers
Prompt: Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1903, Barney Gilmore of St. Louis, Missouri was arrested for spitting. What's one of the dumbest things you've ever gotten in trouble for?

I still maintain to this day that I didn't deserve to be spanked. And we are talking 39 years later! Yes, I'm still bitter about it.

So my sister and I were like 10 & 8 if memory serves. It was right after the 4th of July, so any sparklers were 50% off. We took our allowance up to the store and bought a few boxes. Out in the bright afternoon sun, sparklers are really no damn fun. At All! *Idea* The garage is empty and dark. We go into the garage and light them off, still thinking it's a cool thing. You can't just pick them up and toss them in the trash right away, so the evidence laid on the CEMENT floor while we headed up to the park to play. My Grandfather, who lived next door, came over to get something from the garage, saw all the sparklers lying on the ground and ratted us out to my mom.

When she came home from work we were in trouble. Why? Because we could've burned the garage down. *Shock* Say What? We were nowhere near the walls. Our skinny asses were doing circles in the middle of the garage. *Angry*

Anyway, got in trouble for that. And I still say we didn't deserve it. It was dumb to be punished for it. We were responsible about the whole damn thing!


FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

© Copyright 2017 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905907-Sparklers