*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906003-Weekend-Wane
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#906003 added March 4, 2017 at 3:27pm
Restrictions: None
Weekend Wane
No blog entry yesterday, I just ran out of time, but, at least the time I burned up was productive; I can't always say that. I managed to both finish and edit a poem I was working on for the Weekly Goals. I attempted something a bit different by writing an erotic poem, but written in a romantic style. I also wanted to keep an even flow of rhyme in each verse as well as an equal count of syllables per line. I really like the way it turned out, and my number one fan said it was a winner. Of course, being my wife, she may be a little bit biased.

If your interested in reading the poem, you can find it here:
 Intimacy  (13+)
A poem reflecting an intimate encounter.
#2114040 by tj ~ endeavors to persevere!

Please, let me know what you think.

My title, "Weekend Wane", may seem self explanatory since weekends are often time off from our jobs and time to enjoy ourselves in so many ways, which lead us away from spending much time here in WdC. For me, however, it's just the opposite. I usually work through the weekends; My work week starts on Friday and runs through Monday.

There's a good reason and I am not upset by this, even though it does mean I miss out on some things. Since I'm the boss, I have the final say in scheduling and have found that scheduling others to work on the weekends often lead to me having to work the weekends for someone who had plans and needed time off. It also tended to create a lot of grumbling and complaining. By scheduling myself, I avoid these problems and everyone tends to be happier with the scheduling. An added benefit is that I get three days off each week, usually.

Since my wife, who is also my best friend, also works through the weekends and has mid-week off with me, so when we enjoy our favorite pastimes, like fishing, hiking, and camping, most everyone else is at work; we have the campgrounds, lakes, and trails pretty much all to ourselves.

We had an opportunity to try kayaking last fall while camping with friends, and purchased our own kayaks shortly after. We only had a few opportunities to go out before the weather turned too cold, but it was so enjoyable, being the only two people on the lake. Not only did we not have to put up with other people intruding on the serine setting of the lake, but there were no dunderheads around to mess with us by motor-boating by at high speeds and trying to capsize us with their wakes.

As you can see, there are many advantages to working weekends and taking time off mid-week. Weekend wane, then for me, means I'm limited on how much time I can spend here because work so often interferes with one's personal life. Now here's a thought...

When I become a professional author and no longer have to interrupt my life with going to a job, will it still be the same?

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906003-Weekend-Wane