*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906189-It-may-be-Toni
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#906189 added March 6, 2017 at 9:21pm
Restrictions: None
It may be Toni
Motivational Monday! Musician David Gilmour, born on this day in 1947, once said, "It's a very tempting thing to try and relive your glory days when you get a little older and you worry that people have forgotten all about you." In what way or ways does your writing preserve any kind of legacy?

I'm an emotional kind of girl. A lot of my stories have bits and pieces of me in them, and usually relate to what is going on with me. Back in the 90s when I had a borrowed laptop, I wrote my first novel in 24 hours. 50, 000 words. I barely slept that I night. I remember having so much to say and that character wouldn't leave me alone until I got that story written. It turned into a 4 book series. I was big time into V.C. Andrews at the time, and the story followed that route. I tortured poor Toni, and even put her through something that actually happened to me in high school.

I had a boyfriend, *Shock* and when we broke up, he immediately started dating my best friend. Big OUCH! This wasn't too long after Christmas. I had given him a bracelet with his name engraved on it. After we broke up, I was sitting in the cafeteria with a friend, when someone I didn't even know walked past me and dropped the box the bracelet came in on the table in front of me. I cringed when I saw it because the noise coming from that box told a story. It didn't sound like a link bracelet any longer. You could hear the links clinking together like coins. I picked it up and looked inside to discover that I was right. He had taken the bracelet apart link by link, and returned it to me. I lost my 16 year-old mind. My uncle had the same name. I could've given it to him, but nope.

I'll never forget how my anger took over that day. It was like I was having a hot flash because I specifically remember how hot I was. I marched over to their lunch table, stood about 5 feet from them and started yelling. I don't remember what I said, but I took that box and threw it at him, hitting him in the forehead. The box of course opened and the links went all over the cafeteria. I marched out with tears burning my eyes. Funny thing was, so many people actually witnessed it. I was the talk of school for days over that. *Laugh*

So Toni's horrible boyfriend in my novel is completely based on Mark.

I think a lot of my writing holds information about me, stories from my past, how I feel about people and things happening in my life. Once I heard the saying, write what you know, I guess I took that to heart. If that's a legitimate legacy, I don't know, but there you have it. *Smile*


FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer




© Copyright 2017 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906189-It-may-be-Toni