*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906258-Mick-Bruce-and-Van-Morrison
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#906258 added March 7, 2017 at 9:04pm
Restrictions: None
Mick, Bruce and Van Morrison
Talk Tuesday! Keep the conversation going! *Smile*

Which musicians, actors or athletes do you wish you could've seen perform live while they were still in their prime?


I am so damn thankful I got to see Prince during the Purple Rain tour! And how I wish I had seen George Michael. But there are two big concerts I wish I'd been able to go to. First was The Rolling Stones when they toured in the early 80s after Tattoo You came out. I desperately wanted to go. Begged my uncle to take me with him for weeks, and my mom was even willing to pay for that ticket, but there was no way he was taking some teenager with him and his friends. So I didn't get to go. I was so damn bummed about that. And I admit having a huge crush on Mick Jagger. What can I say? The other concert I really wanted to go to was Bruce Springsteen when they toured after Born in the U.S.A. blew up the charts. What girl at that time didn't want to be Courtney Cox Dancin' in the Dark with Bruce? That was the hard to get ticket. My neighbor was lucky enough to go see that concert. I am still such an 80s girl. I cannot seem to help that. And any time songs from that decade come on, I belt them out as if I'd sung them myself. *Laugh* Though I will say I was a MTV kid, so that seemed to put us closer to artists because we watched them come alive on our tv's through video.

Yea, me and music have a very intimate relationship going on. I even have play lists to go with my moods. *Wink* I don't think any musicians have topped my love for music like they did when I was a teen. Which brings to mind, Van Morrison. I have claimed Brown Eyed Girl as my own. I cannot help but dance when that song comes on. So I'd have to round out my top three with Van Morrison.

If I manage to finish up some of this Quills judging, I may have to put my headphones on and disappear into the 80s before bed tonight.




FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

© Copyright 2017 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906258-Mick-Bruce-and-Van-Morrison