*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906433-The-Final-Countdown
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#906433 added March 10, 2017 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
The Final Countdown
This is a fictional journey of leaving planet earth. After watching sci fi movies, I view space travel differently. I am writing this for a challenge from Europe's song: The Final Countdown.

Things were gone bad in life for my husband Ray and I. Not our marriage. Just jobs. We wanted to retire and be able to enjoy ourselves and I wanted to move to Washington State. I watch too much "Twilight" and Ray loved Sci Fi movies and always said he wanted to go to outer space. Like seriously?

We won a trip to outer space! Say what? A chance to live on Venus and we had read Venus had a colony of houses already and we saw the pictures of this colony. A Victorian House by a falls and mountains. It looked like Washington State and it was all ours! We talked to people who awarded us this prize and saw the space ship we would be taking. I should say we flew down to Houston to see the ship. I am getting ahead of myself. We lived in Indiana. I don't like flying but I hope I wouldn't mind being on a space ship. We arrived in Houston and went to the space site. We saw our space ship. It looked like the one on "Passengers." It had legs like an octopus! It was vast and huge! It would take two years to get there. I could take my cat. There would be a team of doctors on board and we would have our own bedroom and the room was bigger then my house! I so wanted to go. We would have access to all the latest movies, computers, TV Shows, bowling alley, video games, eating places, theatre and the inside of the ship looked like Paradise. Trees, flowers and the inside of Downton Abbey but there were other rooms that reminded you it was a space ship but I was okay with this. Europe's song: "The Final Countdown" video kept playing. This made me want to go all the more. Ray? He always wanted to go to space and so we were going. I was so excited.

We went home and I packed my clothes and picked out my favorite dolls, tea pots and some other treasures. My parents weren't happy. My son was in Minnesota so he wouldn't miss me anymore then he already did. We gave the house to some friends. I would miss my ranch style house with the clay siding but I always wanted an adventure and now I was getting my wish. We said good bye to friends and left for the base in Texas. My cat was all confused and I hoped she would like her new home.

We were on the spaceship and "The Final Countdown" song was playing and we met fifty other people who seemed nice and they were all excited. Ray and I loved our room. Everyone was loaded and the ship took off. It was an amusement ride. I looked outside. We were leaving planet earth. We got to space. It was so dark. I pushed the scenery slides and saw mountains and lakes. I got scenes of woods and this was beautiful. My cat explored our huge room and she was content in a few hours. She liked her new home. This was just for two years.

We got to watch movies, eat and there were shops for new clothes. We didn't want for nothing. The ship was smooth sailing. We met new friends. We loved everyone we met. I was never bored on the ship. Two years went fast. We arrived on Venus. It looked like Washington State. So far so good. We saw our Victorian House. It was beautiful like they promised. Ray and I looked around and I was going to be happy here. It was Paradise. Parrots, deer, birds. We would be happy here. We made the right choice. We heard a growling noise. Are you kidding me? A big T rex was headed our way! Dinosaurs? What did I expect? This was Venus and their dinosaurs hadn't died. This was not good. I want to go home to Planet Earth!

** Image ID #2109654 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906433-The-Final-Countdown