*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906526-March-11th-2017
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2107082
I am willing to try anything once. But there are some genres I will never try to write.
#906526 added March 11, 2017 at 8:43pm
Restrictions: None
March 11th, 2017

History


I am going. to be honest with you. I’m not a big fan of History. There are some parts of our history that I like. I like the Civil War and the World War Two. But I’m not too crazy about the others. Especially when it comes to Novels. To me, it’s not history if it’s a novel. It’s a biography or an autobiography. At least that’s what I think.

That’s not exactly true when it comes to movies and television. I’m still not a big fan of it. But I do watch a lot of them more often, especially television. In fact, I’m working on a historical television series as part of my Television Show Challenge that I hope to do by the end of the year. That’s one of my ‘Dear Me’ goals for this year. If I don’t do that challenge this year I should be able to do it next year.

It’s also not true when it comes to Short Stories either. I haven’t done too many historical Short Stories. I’m not even if I categorized it as a History genre. But I have done one or two of them. Probably three at the most.

The only problem that some of you might have with all this is that these historical stories aren’t about Earth. They are about other planets. And you will say that they can’t have a history because they aren’t about the Earth. But that isn’t true. All civilized planets have a history. If you do feel that way about my Short Stories, then you won’t like the one I’m doing for my Television Show Challenge.

I don’t think that I am doing any historical Novels or movies now or soon. At least they aren’t part of my challenges. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to do them. I still might. But if I do they will probably be Short Stories. They will also probably be Science Fiction.



© Copyright 2017 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906526-March-11th-2017