*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907097-March-18th-2017
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2107082
I am willing to try anything once. But there are some genres I will never try to write.
#907097 added March 18, 2017 at 5:46pm
Restrictions: None
March 18th, 2017

Contests


I’m a very, very big fan of contest. I have entered a lot of them over the past three and a half years on the WDC. But I didn’t start entering them until almost two years into my time on the WDC. I’m not exactly sure why I decided to try contests. But it was probably the same reason I finally tried writing a Poem. I got tired of me not knowing if I could do it or not. Winning the contests and getting GPs were also a factor too.

The main reason why I joined is because of my scriptwriting. I have millions of stories lost in my mind. And I wanted to see a lot of them on the big screen and the little one aka movies and television. I’m also interested in Novel writing. I have always wanted to write a novel that millions of people loved reading. What writer doesn’t want that. The same is true when it comes to my scriptwriting too.

Maybe that’s why I hesitated so long in entering contest. After all, they are Short Stories. And I wasn’t sure if I could write one or not. When I was eight I wrote a story that was so good it was used as an example of how a story should be written. It still might be. But I doubt it. After all, that was several centuries ago.

I can’t remember why I chose this contest to enter first. But it was probably because the title of it intrigued me. No pun intended. It was the Intriguing Words Contest. Maybe I thought it said Intriguing Worlds. I can’t remember that far back. And looking at back at my portfolio hasn’t helped much. That was my first contest. But it wasn’t my last.

Daily Flash Fiction is one of the first, if not the first, contest that I did on a regular basis. I had a few individual ones before I found this contest. But it was the first one I started writing for the most. And for about six months I entered that contest almost daily. In fact, about half of my portfolio is with this contest.

Writer’s Cramp is the second most written for contest. I started entering this one toward the end of the DFF stint. And like that one, I entered it almost daily. Unlike that one, I actually won several of them and tied on a few others. The only reason why I’m not still writing them is because I’m concentrating on the WDC contest, my reviewing, and my Novel Challenge.

The Official WDC Contest wasn’t the first monthly contest that I started entering. But it’s the one I’m still doing monthly. So far, I haven’t won too many of them but I have won one of them. It was a second-place win. I’m not going to stop until I win first place. And even then, I’m not going to stop entering them.

Dialogue 500 is also a monthly contest. I haven’t written too many stories for this contest. But I have a few. ‘Scream!!!’ is another contest I have only written a few stories. The only real difference between the two is that ‘Scream!!!’ is also a daily contest.



No dialogue, Try Something New, Just One Point of View, Three Prompts, Prompt Me Trekly, are a few of the other contest that I have entered. There are some others. But I only entered them once or twice. These mentioned above I have entered more than twice. At least I think I did. But I’m not sure about that.

The last contest I want to talk about is A Whole New World contest. A Whole New World was more of an activity than a contest. But I consider it both. Especially the last month of it. That’s when we wrote a Short Story based on the five previous month’s questionnaires. That contest/activity ended at the end of January. I still haven’t heard about the winners of that activity/contest yet.




© Copyright 2017 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907097-March-18th-2017