*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907413-Overwhelming-As
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#907413 added March 23, 2017 at 8:33am
Restrictions: None
Overwhelming "As"
The hardest part for me is getting started on an Overwhelming "A." For those who are not aware there ar are four (4) categories of projects. "A", ""B", "C", and Overwhelming "A"

We spend most of our day on "C" projects: These are little tasks that can be accomplished quickly, like making the bed in the morning or brushing your teeth. Then there are the "B" Tasks. They take a little longer, like Making breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen. "A" tasks are of longer duration and often take up most of the day. For example doing the weekly grocery shopping. Then there are those dreaded Overwhelming "As." The tendency is to keep putting those off by doing the A,B and Cs.

This could be something like visiting the In Laws or finding a job. They aren't always all that bad but you keep putting them off until they grow into giant "Big-a-boos."

The best way to deal with an Overwhelming A is to simply get started. As you do the prep break the big task into smaller ones. I am working on a big RC Model Airplane called the Gemini 2. Much of the work I find enjoyable but hinging the control surfaces, is for some reason, a really loathsome task and I complete most of the rest of the model, working around this hurdle until there is no other choice but to take it on. The trick for me is to just quit mincing around and attack it head on! Once you get started and begin to show some progress, even this is doable. Getting started his the key.

So the next time you find yourself skirt around something you know needs doing then remember this blog and the advice of Percy Goodfellow. JUST GET STARTED DOING IT!

© Copyright 2017 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907413-Overwhelming-As