*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907702-Why-Pyramids
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#907702 added March 27, 2017 at 8:54pm
Restrictions: None
Why Pyramids?
There has probably been more written about pyramids than any other structure built in ancient times. Archeological evidence of these can be found across the earth. The most famous are at Giza in Egypt. Building one involved a stupendous amount of effort and technological skill that in retrospect appears beyond the means of primitive humans. These pyramids appear to have been built much further back than current thinking has them dated. Excavations around the Spinx show water erosion that dates to before the Great Flood, or eight to ten thousand years ago. A working hypothesis is that they were built by a preadamic civilization that visited Earth as mankind was emerging from the hunter gatherer stage of historical development.

There is, in addition to the pyramids, evidence of megalithic buildings with stones weighing well over twenty tons. Cutting these huge blocks, getting them to a building site and raising them hundreds of feet into the air is even today a marvel of engineering. So the question becomes what was the real purpose of these structures... specifically the underlying attraction to building pyramids?

To help answer this allow me an opportunity to define the problem. I can't answer it but at least I can define it.

PROBLEM: Determine the reason why megalithic civilization went to all the trouble of building pyramids.

FACTS BEARING ON THE PROBLEM:

1. Evidence of Pyramids are found around the world and beyond.

2. These historical relics tend to be enormous in size.

3. They are often oriented towards specific star clusters.

4. They are laid out to linear specifications of astonishing exactitude.

5. There is no soot on the walls.

6. There are no hieroglyphics on the walls.

7. The architectural internal design is of a complexity requiring sophisticated blueprints.

8. The effort would have required a large workforce.

ASSUMPTIONS BEARING ON THE PROBLEM

1. Moving the materials into place required a cutting, transport and lifting technology beyond the means of primitive hunter gatherer societies.

2. Once constructed an operational and maintenance presence would have been required.

3. There was a functional motive behind the construction that provided a capability sought by the builders.

POSSIBILITIES:

1. An edifice of astrological importance.

2. A means of generating power.

3. A monument to evidence achievement.

4. A marker establishing a territorial claim.

5. A symbol to inspire awe.

6. A facility to process unknown technology.

DISCUSSION OF POSSIBILITIES

COMPARISON OF POSSIBILITIES

SELECTION OF OPTIMAL CHOICE

RECOMMENDATIONS




© Copyright 2017 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907702-Why-Pyramids