*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908648-April-8th-2017
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2107082
I am willing to try anything once. But there are some genres I will never try to write.
#908648 added April 8, 2017 at 6:32pm
Restrictions: None
April 8th, 2017

Researching


It’s getting harder and harder to decide which genre I am going to blog today. I have blogged all the ones that I liked. And some of the ones I don’t dislike. But there are still a lot that I’m crazy about. There are still that I don’t like at all. There’s not too many of them. But there are a few.

The way I’m doing these blogs is the same way that I write my Outlines for Novels, and my Outlines and Treatments for my Scripts. First, third, sixth, and eighth days of the month I write what I like or don’t dislike. Second, fourth, seventh, and ninth days I write about the ones I don’t like. The fifth and tenth days are the more serious, like death and murder etc., genres.

It’s similar for my Outlines and Treatments. Except instead of days it’s chapters, parts of a chapter, or scene numbers. My Outlines and Treatments are more organized too. They have the same number of lines when it comes to the Outlines. For Treatments, it depends on what the scene number are.

I’m a very huge fan of researching. Especially when it comes to my non-Science Fiction writing. That’s more remembering than research. But there is some researching that I must do occasionally because my memory isn’t as good as it used to be. I have so many memories in my head that I get some of them confused. That’s when I must do my research. Only instead of books and the internet I do research with my mind.

My non-Science Fiction writing is completely the opposite when it comes to doing research. I must do a lot of research. That’s because I’m not every worldly. I’ve lived in Kansas or Missouri all my life. I have done a little traveling in the United States. But I can count the number of places I’ve been on one hand.

If I’m writing a story about a part of the world I don’t know about then I must do research. That’s one of the reasons why I love Science fiction so much. It’s also why I don’t do a lot of stories about other parts of the world. If I do a story like that it’s usually generic. I don’t get too technical about the location.

It’s not just the world that I must do research about. I also need to do it with people too. Most of that research is do via the internet. But some of it I do with books. I often go to a library to do my research. If I can’t go on the internet, which I do first, then I go to the library.

A good example of this is a story I did a few days ago. The Prompt not only involved the anniversary of Merle Haggard’s birthday and his death, it also had to do with at least one of his songs and a real-life fact about his life. I haven’t been fan of country music since I was a youngster. So, I had to do some research about him. Especially regarding the real-life fact. I already knew a little about his music. But I had to do research on that too.

I don’t consider Researching a genre. But the WDC does. Like I have written above I do a lot of research, but I haven’t written any stories about Researching. Will I in the future? The answer to that question is, no. At least not soon. Except for the monthly WDC contest and maybe some Writer’s Cramp contest I’m concentrating on my Novel, My movie Script, my television series, and two blockbuster movies the rest of this year. After that, who knows. Maybe I will do a story about Researching.








© Copyright 2017 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908648-April-8th-2017