*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908906
Rated: ASR · Book · Music · #2094437
I will be writing about Prince songs for the challenge contest I am hosting just for fun.
#908906 added April 12, 2017 at 10:34am
Restrictions: None
Songs Prince Wrote But Didn't Sing Or Make Them Hits
Prince wrote those songs but didn't sing them or make them hits.

"When You Were Mine" By Cindy Lauper
"With This Tear" By: Celine Dion
"Manic Monday" By: The Bangles

I love the song: "When You Were Mine" By: Cindy Lauper. The one line about the cheating boyfriend who didn't have the descensy to change the sheets. It was a good song and Cindy Lauper's seventh and last hit song. This song was meant for Cindy. Prince wrote this song. I was surprised to learn this.

"With This Tear" By Celine Dion. I didn't know about this song but it is a sad love song and Celine was so young when she sang it. Prince was happy to write this song for her. Prince thought Celine was the perfect singer to sing this beautiful ballad that he wrote.

"Manic Monday" By: The Bangles. This happy upbeat tune always made me smile. Prince wrote this song and let the Bangles sing it. Rumor has it, he had a crush on one of the singers and was hoping to get with her. He didn't. Her name was Susie and she just wanted to be friends. She and the band were thankful for this hit song.

Could Prince have sang these songs and made them a hit? Probably but we are so used to the ones who sang these songs, it is hard to see him singing these songs. He did a beautiful job of writing them. Thank you for the music, Prince. We love you.

I can't resist another picture of Prince.

© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908906