*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909070-April-15th-2017
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2107082
I am willing to try anything once. But there are some genres I will never try to write.
#909070 added April 15, 2017 at 2:50am
Restrictions: None
April 15th, 2017

Adult


Don’t panic. I’m not going to blog about X-rated stories that I have written, not written or even Eighteen Plus that I’ve written. I have written quite a few stories with an Eighteen Plus rating. But that isn’t because it was the Adult genre. It was because I felt it was a little strong for the younger readers.

I’ve written a few that was above Eighteen Plus. But it wasn’t because they were Adult. It was because they involved either death, killing, a little gory or usually a combination of two if not all three of them. They were usually the first one or two. But I didn’t go into too much detail of how it happened or what they looked like after. I did have a couple, three at the most, that were a little gory. Even they weren’t that bad.

If you have read any of my stories, then you know that I don’t use profanity in any of my stories. I don’t even use slang words that everyone knows what you are really saying or reading. Personally, I don’t think that you need to use profanity in a story. Even genres like War, Action/Adventure, and Crime/Gangsters which can be, and often are, profanity generated stories. Detective, especially Private Detective, stories can be too. A good example of that is the Sue Grafton novels.

To me, the Adult genre is between Romance/Love and Erotica. It’s stronger than Romance/Love. But not as graphic as Erotica. I think the Adult genre is closer to Romance/Love, but it can Erotica too. It all depends on how much detail that you put into your stories.

I don’t think that I have ever categorized any of my stories with the Adult genre. But I might have with the ones that are rated higher than Eighteen Plus that I mentioned above. If I have, please let me know.

Will I ever write a story with the Adult genre? I might. Then again, I might not. After all, I don’t write for adults. I write for the child in all of us. Even the one that are rated Eighteen Plus aren’t that bad. Most of them are rated that way just to be on the safe side.

© Copyright 2017 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909070-April-15th-2017