*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909909
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#909909 added April 26, 2017 at 3:16pm
Restrictions: None
Invitations, Laughter
Blog City Prompt: "Let us accept the invitation, ever open from the stillness, taste it's exquisite sweetness and heed it's silent instruction." Paul Brunton What invitations to events have you received that made you feel special?

I love getting wedding invitations and baby shower invitations. It is nice to have friends that want you there. Rubber stamp parties, a 1920's Downton Abbey Tea and a Jane Austen type Tea made me feel special. We had to buy tickets but they were both beautiful events and I won Barbies dressed like the era, a hand bag and a Tea Set. I was invited to Awards Teas when I worked in the Nursing Homes and I felt appreciated at my job. I loved going to Rubber Stamp parties. I was invited to join two Beauty Pageants because I was in Miss Indiana Teen-Ager and Junior Miss but I declined. Being invited to Birthday parties when you were a kid was special and nice to have your own later. I sent my husband a Wedding invitation because he wanted one. I enjoyed sending out Graduation invitations and getting invited in return. When I sold Avon, they would send out invites to special events. That meant a lot.

I wish I could get an invite to The CMA Awards, Soap Opera Awards or been invited to Prince William and Kate's Wedding. I am glad to have friends invite me.

I do like the stillness of my room addition where I can scrapbook and read.

BCOF Prompt: "Laughter is the best medicine." Snow asked us to write about this.

I will be upset about things at work but the people I take care of will make me laugh. One guy drags his blanket around like Linus and I had to laugh. Another time, a patient told me he worked in a light bulb factory and he threw boxes of light bulbs out of the upstairs window. He said if anyone would have got hit by the boxes, he or she would have been lightheaded!

These came to me and I had to share.

** Image ID #2114964 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909909