*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910286-Masks-Parents
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#910286 added May 2, 2017 at 12:03am
Restrictions: None
Masks, Parents
Blog City Prompt: Joy asked us what we thought about people who wear masks and their behavior and psychology or a social thing.

I work in mental health. The patients wear masks. They pick fights with the other patients and staff. They lie to us and tell us they are sorry when they aren't. The one staff member lies about other staff members and talks behind everyone's back and I wish people could just be honest and get along. I hate when people call in sick and they aren't sick. They post pictures of themselves on Face Book and they are drinking and living it up. That is bad!

In high school, girls would try to take a boyfriend from their best friends and they didn't really want them. Popularity was what it was all about. I was in activities, too but I didn't want to feel left out. I competed and probably wore masks but I tried not to. I would rebel out of hurt. I wanted to have friends and a boyfriend and wanted to be honest and not wear a mask but others just didn't care. I hate people who wear masks.

Blog City Prompt: Joy asked about parenting. Did our parents know how we really are or make up excuses for us and think we could do no wrong? She asked how we measure up as parents.

I tried to be a good child but I smoked some in high school, drank some beer and snuck out once to date a guy. This was only 4 or 5 times. My father was in Viet Nam and my mother and grandparents raised me. They knew I wasn't perfect but I made descent grades, didn't have to go to jail and was never called into the principal's office. my mother would never saw I was perfect. I was a good kid and the girls I work with said I acted like a Goody Two Shoes because I was in Pageants, Drama Club and got Awards. I didn't do enough drinking or never got kicked out of school. I rebelled in my twenties.

My son. He was always hanging out with kids who got in trouble. I was called by his teachers a lot for his bad behavior. I knew he was a problem at times. I never made excuses for him and I told his teachers I would handle him. He turned out pretty good. He has a PHD and is a Psychologist so I did something right. He was a brat growing up but I never let anyone tell me how to raise him. The neighbor kids were brats and never got grounded and I stopped grounding my son. I let him go out and play. He turned out great. All we can do is our best.

** Image ID #2114964 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910286-Masks-Parents