*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910599-Hammer-time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #1977567
When I wish not write, I come here. To relieve my thoughts.
#910599 added May 6, 2017 at 9:19pm
Restrictions: None
Hammer time!
Can’t touch this!


It’s Hammer time. I met MC Hammer once in concert, slapped him a high five. That was a cool day. I was still a kid then, with the coolest story the next day at school. The part I left out for most people, after the concert, someone stole my best friend’s gold chain, right off his neck. I knew it instantly, not exact, it’s when it happened, the guy bumped into me also, and as though I read his mind…I looked at my friend’s neck.

There was a light red ring around his neck, where his gold chain once lay. I asked him what happened to his chain? He panicked, and had no clue. Now, I have always been a fighter, and immediately went into predator mode. We had a third friend with us, and he like me, a beast on the streets. We were exceptional fighters and I could think of no one I would rather fight back to back with.

We pursued the thief, only to find him around the corner of this luxury hotel. Just as we lay eyes on him, he smashed a 40-ounce size bottle of alcohol over some seemingly homeless guys head. At that point, and seeing he had another large fellow with him, we opted to walk away. Even the best fighters, know when to walk away.

Thing was, this young woman appeared out of nowhere it seemed to me, as she walked in the opposite direction of us. I warned her, “do not go that way, those guys stole my friends chained, then smashed a bottle over that guys head”. What happened next, really opened my eyes, and got my blood pumping. This young woman yells over to these two large thugs. Mind you, I’m large, and my friend, equal in matter. We are not little men by any means.

These thugs appeared massive to me anyway, and as we’re walking away. This young woman yells to them. Something to the effect of “Hey, Yo. These white boys said you stole their chain”. Without a word, the three of us double stepped to vacate as quickly as possible. There were police near the concert hall. We just had to make it there and it was a long ways away.

I hear “Hey, Yo! Where you going”. Another voice says “Yo, you think we stole your chain? Come here, where are you going?” By now, we are turning the corner and we are in front of the hotel. Concert hall is one block away. Soon as we hit the corner, short of all out running, we picked up the pace.

It was then, I saw Pat, out of the corner of my eye, get pulled backwards. Sure enough, I look over and one of the thugs grabbed him. Now it’s on, I’m not leaving Pat, and I love Neal, he’s one of my closest friends, he is no fighter. Fortunately, even though these guys were larger and older men, as I remind you, were teenagers still.

It was two fights, one versus one. I saw Neal go for help, and Pat holding his own. I turn to what I knew would be a large man about to strike me. I evaded as I turned and avoided a punch. It was purely luck. Now, at one point, this guy manages to lay me out over the hood of a car, he draws a knife and points it at my face. I don’t recall what he said, as he swiped my face with it, just missing my eyeball.

Now, I’m in fight or flight mode. Just then, I hear the young woman say “Take his shirt”. I had purchased an MC Hammer souvenir shirt at the concert. Apparently, she wanted it. Unknowingly, she may have saved my life. As she said that, my attacker, looked at the t-shirt. In that moment, I punched him in the face with everything I had…with the hand that had no shirt.

He fell to the ground and I ran, and cleared the area. I didn’t go far though and my attacker nor the area never left my sight. I had two friends to find and now was concerned for their safety. Well, first, I found Neal. Neal, was lucky, he found a mounted officer, a police man on a horse, they were already heading toward us, with help on the way.

Now where’s Pat? Pat came walking from around some vehicle, I didn’t really notice, he had a smile from ear to ear. I asked him, you ok? He said yeah, I’m fine. I
Kicked that guys ass and he ran. “Did you see the front doors?” Pat asked. The front doors to the hotel, numbered in three. Two push open double door style doors on each side, and a revolving door in the middle.

The double doors on the right were shattered. All the doors were made from glass. I asked Pat what happened to the doors. He laughed, and said “the guy picked me up threw me through them.” I laughed, maybe half out of fear, and half out of losing my mind. I knew Pat was tough, but to be thrown through solid glass doors, and then to get up and kick the guys ass who did that to you.

That’s Pat, and that’s the crew I rolled with growing up. We’re all still great friends today.

Now, why I chose to tell this story, I’m unsure, I needed to write, some, and wanted to write more. There are things I must say, and to many, I must tell. Today is not that day, and the rest will have to wait, until more people are well.

I remind myself, and the few who are following, I have to write, and learn how to do so well. In time, more stories, that affect us all, I will begin to tell. For now, I needed to let some words out and exercise my mind, it feels good when I can write, and am not bothered by time. I also needed to update my blog, as I see it has been a month.

One month that has been busy for me, I lunched a couple of projects, and to date, so far they are doing well. I have also found larger communities, in which I use to sample and test my theories with, all of which is turning out pretty swell. I have gained more readers, making my audience larger. I hope I have not let anyone down, as I do have a day job, and works slow for now, which means I’m low on funds for many of the things in which I need.

Three years ago, just over. I came here, to writing.com. I found it on google, as I needed to know about writing. Without repeating it all, I have documented many things here, for fact checkers mostly. I also, come back often as not only is my family here, I am continuously learning how to write. By this, I do not mean, I didn’t know how to write before, although in a sense, I didn’t.

The writing I speak of today, is of how each word I release, affects each one of you, and how or in what way. That’s what I mean when I say, I need to update my blog, or I need to write this story. Ultimately, I found I enjoy writing, and once I have fulfilled my purpose, I do hope I am granted time to stay. As story teller at a masters level, sure comes with a nice pay.

I don’t want to be swinging hammers and climbing through God knows what to build things or make repairs in another twenty years. I enjoy work, and as I get older, I prefer my work, be accustomed to my age. What is comfortable to me. For example, some guys, not many, but some guys may still enjoy swinging sledge hammers at sixty, seventy years old.

I see myself, writing novels, spending quality time with my wife. While I could still be that construction guy or builder and spend time with my wife. It’s dirty work and I don’t want to spend time cleaning up and putting tools away, etc. At the end of some jobs, it could literally be three hours from the time work ends, till I can hug my wife.

This is why, I choose novels. Mostly because it is a skill I am developing quite well, I am told. Though, the single most important reason for me. I get to spend more time, at home. Doing what I want to do. And that is why I will write novels. Whether or not people enjoy them, is another story. Though, if life, is anything like my purpose, I think I will be just fine. Thank you for reading.

© Copyright 2017 flcomeau (UN: flcomeau at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
flcomeau has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910599-Hammer-time