*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911686-Better-off-silent
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2000274
Simple stuff, really. Musing uncharacteristically challenged. BLog
#911686 added May 24, 2017 at 3:35pm
Restrictions: None
Better off silent
Yesterday, I noticed a fellow employee looking out of sorts and I asked her if she was alright and she said she was but upset about her son. I didn't inquire, just asked if there was anything I could do. She said to just keep being happy and smile. Today, I asked how her son was doing and she said, "He's dead." Yep, awkward. Apparently, he died some time ago but this was camping season and she missed him more than usual. Sometimes ignorance is blissful. Sometime being ignorant gets one to ask the questions they shouldn't ask. Back to chipper, now.

I put a birthday card in my wife's purse on her birthday a week ago. She called me today and asked when I put it there. I said I was just trying to determine how much stuff really didn't need to be in her purse and I have a good idea now. Yep, I will pay for that.
© Copyright 2017 Jimminycritic (UN: jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jimminycritic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911686-Better-off-silent