*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912604-25-Ways-To-Procrastinate
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#912604 added June 6, 2017 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
25 Ways To Procrastinate
Most people are quite familiar with procrastination. As writers, I think we are extra familiar with the concept. That said, we always have more to learn. With that in mind, I wanted to share a few possible ideas for things to do instead of thing you should be doing!

1. Make lists.
2. Sit on the toilet twice as long as necessary.
3. Think about all the things you could be doing instead of procrastinating.
4. Look in the fridge.
5. Open as many browser tabs of pages to read as you can without reading any of them.
6. Tell someone about the things you could be doing instead of actually doing them.
7. Google image search baby sloths.
8. Add fifty more books to your to-read shelf on Goodreads.
9. Read you own facebook or twitter page for the last year to remind yourself how funny you are.
10. Take a nap.
11. Look in the fridge again. It might have something that wasn't there five minutes ago.
12. Pace.
13. Have a conversation with yourself about the things you could be doing.
14. Make a list of lists to make later.
15. Play a phone game.
16. Type in the URL for websites that should exist until you find one that exists. Procrastinate.com is not yet a thing.
17. Pick up a book. Stare at the page, willing yourself to read, without actually reading.
18. Read lists.
19. Make sure you remembered to close the fridge the last time you looked in it. Use this as an opportunity to look again.
20. Spend at least one hour deciding which productive thing you feel like doing in order to delay doing the thing.
21. Make a checklist. This is different from making other kinds of lists.
22. Sign up another website you probably will never revisit.
23. Shop online for things you won't buy.
24. Delete your junkmail without reading any of your regular email.
25. Stare blankly at the screen thinking about what to write without writing anything.

(I have committed to blogging daily with Give It 100. This is Day Thirty-Nine. Five days of leave taken total.)

© Copyright 2017 Lady Elizabeth Mormont (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Elizabeth Mormont has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912604-25-Ways-To-Procrastinate