*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912630-30DIC-Day-6-We-See-With-Our-Feet
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2072393
The catch-all for items related to and/or inspired by the music that shaped me.
#912630 added June 6, 2017 at 7:21pm
Restrictions: None
30DIC Day 6: We See With Our Feet
** Image ID #2123241 Unavailable **


What's up y'all? You have no idea how happy I am that I've hardly done a damn thing today and it's pouring outside right now (as these things would normally irritate me to varying degrees)...tonight is supposed to be the annual Cortland Dairy Parade  , and if it's been rained out, I'm not sad. I have lived here through *counts on fingers*...this'll be my fourth I think, and lemme tell ya, they're annoying as hell. I live roughing two buildings down from the parade route, and it's so loud you'd think they were actually having a fireworks display right outside my window. It's non-stop honking and people and just noise. No and thank you.

I don't even know the history of it or why it's such a big deal. You'd think there'd be more info on it than a shittily-updated Facebook page, but nope, nothing. And granted, I'm not a native resident and also don't care much about this or what people do around here, but why are people all into making floats and marching down Main Street? The only dairies I know of here are basically just convenience stores and farmer's markets. I guarantee you they sell more packs of cigarettes than all the different units of milk combined. Apologies to your hard-working cow friends, ♥Hooves♥ ...I should probably be a better local citizen here *Blush*.

Anyway, I'll gladly allow the rain to fall tonight, even though it kinda killed any of my plans to maybe do things outside the house. Or should I say...killed the "me having to be disappointed or make up any excuse as to why I didn't get out of the house today" *Laugh*. I did, however, get a few things taken care of inside, which is kinda important and I need a cookie or several for...like, I made a phone call, and the person I was calling answered, and I was able to ask my questions and get the answers I was looking for. In 2017, we call that perfect confluence of events "finding a unicorn".

Also managed to write a poem today, and one I don't feel too bad about, even though it's kinda sing-songy/lyrics-y. And not only that, but it started as free verse and by the time I got to the second part where a couple rhymes snuck themselves in there, I went back and reworked the entire first part to fit. And then it finishes kinda lame and cheesy and I guess on a positive, uplifting note, but you'll have that once in awhile.

30-Day Image Prompt.


We See With Our Feet

Our jaws often get anchored
in disbelief our faces can't break from.
Every tooth turns into a root
as we wind our way toward the truth.
If history owes us facts,
why are we reclined and relaxed
wishing our maybes on fallen stars?
That's how rumors start.

When we're finally ready to believe,
wandering's not only for mystique.
It's how you learn to separate
one-dimensional lies from faith.
To only see straight at eye-level
is like building your dream castle
with eighty rooms and all the views
but only furnishing the vestibule.

Searching doesn't start with looking
and the bottom's not the end but an opening.
We can be statues with a couple words,
collecting shit from aimless birds;
instead let's rely on our senses
to make the most of what life presents us.
If we're moving we can't be mismanaged.
We're not falling stars, we're orbiting planets.


         "We See With Our Feet from "Also Mutants.

Blog divider.


When I first took a look at the image I used for today's entry, I saw the head and then I saw the tree behind it; it kinda reminded me of a leg, with the head being the foot if you imagine the jaw being the toes. That's what I saw at least *Laugh*, and then I kept hearing this song in my head and kinda tried to weave them together loosely.

"History Sticks To Your Feet"   -Modest Mouse

"Well, don't you look at me like life don't hold you anymore mystery."


For the blog.


*Bulletgr* *VinylB* Sad, sad day in Buffalo...one of the last great indie record stores, Record Theatre, has announced they'll be closing in a few weeks  . There are very few places I genuinely miss in WNY, and Record Theatre is definitely one of them. If you added up the hours I've looked around in their locations over the years, or the dollars I've spent...*sigh*. Always shop local you guys, whenever possible. I seriously would not know where to go now in WNY if I wanted to buy an actual cd...Walmart? Best Buy? *Sick* Hard pass. People say now it's the move to streaming that's shuttering traditional stores...but for me it's the stores closing that will eventually force me into streaming. You'll hafta pry my cds outta my cold, dead hands and force me to Spotify or however you say it.

*Bulletgr* *BookOpen* Oh, hey, hi there, people who write blogs! Don't forget about this...free to enter, but you'll need at least twelve days of blogging to qualify (as per "Note: *InLove2* Love to Blog? Have one on-going o..."). If you're already participating in something else this month, why not jump into The Bard's Hall as well?

FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
APRIL: Flash Fiction, 500 word limit.
#981150 by StephBee - House Targaryen


*Bulletgr* *Tv* And finally...at least there's a new show I can watch that looks interesting! Australian comedian Jim Jefferies has a late-night talk show   on Comedy Central premiering tonight...I've seen some of his bits before on topics like religion, gun control, and Trump, and he's really funny. Let's hope like most comedians who reach mainstream fame with tv shows and movies and all that, he doesn't become a major douchebag (lookin' at you, Dane Cook).

Alright you guys, apparently a driving rainstorm won't stop the Dairy Parade. The poor marching band kids trying to play whatever patriotic song I'm hearing right now...man, props to them. I don't even wanna go downstairs to check my mail in this crap, and all I'm doing is going from one door to another on the same covered porch *Laugh*. And thank goodness I remembered to stay home...last year it was a little stormy and I couldn't cross the street where I was at until the parade finished. And now they're chanting...what could you possibly chant at a Dairy Parade? *Confused* See, this is why I don't parade. Normally when I hear whatever it is I'm hearing, it's later at night and coming from the college kids at one of the local bars. Hearing it in daytime is like walking out of a bar day-drunk into blistering, stifling sunshine...it's almost a shock to the system. I need to wrap this up so I can close my window, crank up some music, and kill the rest of the evening until I can go to bed. Peace, plants solidify sunshine, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2017 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912630-30DIC-Day-6-We-See-With-Our-Feet