*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912930-30DIC-Day-10-Writing-The-Path
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2072393
The catch-all for items related to and/or inspired by the music that shaped me.
#912930 added June 10, 2017 at 8:00pm
Restrictions: None
30DIC Day 10: Writing The Path
** Image ID #2123241 Unavailable **


Hey folks! It's a beautiful Saturday evening...window's open, fan's blasting, and I'm not quite sweating myself into a human Slip 'n Slide yet, so that's a win. Yes, Saturday...the day WDC hibernates even when it's not gorgeous out. Apparently nobody rolls on Shabbos around here, and after nearly 16 years I still haven't gotten that memo. Whatever.

To be perfectly honest, I have no real reason to even write this entry today either *Laugh*. The last time I absolutely had to be anywhere was Thursday, and I don't have to show up anywhere again until Wednesday. I don't even hafta leave the house if I don't wanna (and trust me, most days I really would prefer not to). Sure, there are a couple things I'd like to-slash-really should do, but maybe this isn't the week for that stuff. Also, whatever.

Nope, just a Saturday blog entry because I'm also taking part in the "Invalid Item and "The Bard's Hall Contest, and I wrote a poem today (imagine that *Rolleyes*). Maybe instead of leaving the house to go read a book, I should sit under a tree with a notebook and a pen and write poems. Wonder if they'd be any better than gathering ideas on the way to/from places and then squatting down on my bed to see what I can filter out. And you know, 95 times outta 100 I usually have a notebook with me when I go anywhere...but the last two days, in the month of a writing challenge? Nope. WTF. Whatever.

So anyway, this poem today...it's pretty simple and straightforward. There are poems everywhere you go. Or stories, or blog entries, or whatever it is you write. Cinn and I have said this to each other at least a few times...inspiration is absolutely in everything. You don't even hafta be lookin' around for it. That's where I went to with the image I selected (and I know what you're thinking..."Finally...not the dark place!"). Hope ya like it. If not...it's Saturday. Whatever.

30-Day Image Prompt.


Writing The Path

Every street I walk on is a poem
that contains a line from each window.
Sometimes it's the front-facing picture.
Often it's the basement.
I can tell it's yours when the light is on
and the cat is resting attentively,
like he owns my pen.

I write what I know, like
the old adage suggests,
and I can recite the words
by heart. They're the path
I've worn from my door
to yours.


         "Writing The Path from "Also Mutants.

Blog divider.


Everyone knows this song and loves it, even if they don't know they know it and love it. It's an inescapable fact (and don't make me prove it *Smirk*). Sometimes poems are inspired by songs, but as I was coming up with today's item this song kinda popped in my head and said "I'll be your companion for this fine bit of writing you're attempting, good sir!" and with a polite tip of the hat and a British accent like that, I couldn't refuse. The guy walking toward the light in the window on a dark night in olde Englandtowne, for whatever reason, conjured up this as a soundtrack to what his intentions might've been, or what he was in the mood for. My only request was getting the cover version by Braid, rather than the more popular original by The Smiths...my old school emo roots are showing *Laugh*.

"There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"   -Braid

"And if a double-decker bus crashes into us,
to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die."


For the blog.


*Bulletgr* *BookStack* Yeah that's right...I leave the house to read books in the sunshine. And I've got a pretty decent tan to show for it! Finished up The FibroManual   by Dr. Ginevra Liptan, and for real it's an excellent guide for living with Fibromyalgia. It's not all weighed down with doctor-speak; it's professional but engaging...she has it too, so she knows what it's like and wants to be able to relate her findings in a way that is easy to understand and also beneficial. And since I'm on the subject of books...

It's a simple math equation, really *Wink*...


*Bulletgr* *Quill* When I finished that, I went to the library to pick up a couple more...a poetry book, a graphic novel, and a book of essays about poetry. Am I excited to read all three? Yes, and I will at various points throughout the month. However, upon getting home, the bartender (I live on the second floor, above a bar) saw me comin' and greeted me at the porch with a package (awfully nice of him)...it was two signed copies of Mare ~ extended hiatus 's memoir, Writing Saved My Life  , that I won awhile back in Kit of House Lannister 's "The Snail Mail Auction. So cool, Mary Ann...thank you so much, and I'll be getting into it this week! *Delight*

*Bulletgr* *Star* Hey, raffle fans! New raffle coming up in a few weeks, courtesy of my friend Choconut ~ House Targaryen ...and your boy over here's got a package up for grabs *Wink*. No silly, a blog review, awardicon, and MB package for you and a Rising Star. But Rachel needs your help, so if you'd like to donate please hit the link below and show some future Rising Stars the love...

FORUM
Future Rising Stars Auction IS CLOSED!  (E)
Auction, arranged by 2016 - 2017 Future Rising Stars.
#2124492 by Choconut ~ House Targaryen


*Bulletgr* *Twitter* And finally, this is why I hate leaving the house sometimes...

I went for one reason...


*Shock2* That's right...when I woke up this morning, my dinky little college town was trending on Twitter. I was like "Holy shit, what did I sleep through??" and then I was like "Dammit, whatever it was, it didn't take me out *Rolleyes*." So being the sorta-concerned citizen that I am, I clicked on it, and no shit...college playoff games, historical stuff, weather or something, a Starbucks opened up across town, just a lotta various dumb shit of zero importance to me and my Twitter feed (which is @fivesixer   if you're interested). Oh yeah, so anyway, back to why I don't leave the house...the disappointment! Around the corner is Main St., and a couple blocks down they have a farmer's market. Couple tents set up with home-grown veggies and fruits, homemade soaps, some baked goods, random crap. It's not huge, and it's all run by people who appear to spend too much time in the garden to know what technology is. I was gonna buy lettuce and some cinnamon rolls- the person who makes them, bless your heart *Bigsmile*- but for the second week in a row, no cinnamon rolls. And it's not like I waited until the last minute! I was there around 9:45am (they open at 8am)...nothin'. Weird flourless cookies? No thanks; I want gooey cinnamon rolls all invading my system. And then I went to buy the lettuce...and they didn't have a card reader *Shock*. Cash fucking only. "We had a vendor that couldn't make it today, and the person who was supposed to get the card reader from her forgot." WTF?! *Angry* I should've tried bartering with them...I've got a shitload of canned goods and snacks I'd be more than willing to trade for some fresh lettuce and some mawfuggin' cinnamon rolls. "She'll be back on Tuesday." Yeah, she better (they only operate Tuesdays and Saturdays). Ugh. Fuckin' whatever.

So that's been my non-exciting last couple of days. Hope all y'all are enjoying your weekend and it's nice and hella sunny where you are. Peace, I don't care I don't care I don't care, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2017 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912930-30DIC-Day-10-Writing-The-Path