*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913196-Sleep-Study
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#913196 added June 13, 2017 at 3:08pm
Restrictions: None
Sleep Study
As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I had to undergo a sleep study last night. Of course, it was my birthday, which isn't a joy, but I waited many months to get into the sleep clinic. Hopefully it helps us determine what exactly is going on with my body.

First, I had to go into the hospital. I had to be there for 8pm, which makes for a rather early night. I had forms to fill out, and had to change into PJs pretty early on. I got my own hospital room, which is probably for the best, as I am sure many sleep clinic patients snore. It was nice to get into an air conditioned room with a good book, and I got a pretty good amount of reading done while waiting to get hooked up and go to sleep.

After I was settled in, I got set up with a wide variety of hospital instruments. They hooked electrodes all over my scalp, face, chest, and legs. I had a tube set into my nose, with a microphone attached. I had two bands, similar to belts, around my chest. They put one of those clip things on my fingers, although I don't know what they are called. There was also a camera in the room. They monitored my breathing, snoring, eye movements and blinking, leg muscle movements, heartbeat, and brain patterns.

If anything is going on with my body while I sleep, we should find out about it. Of course, sleeping was rather difficult with wires and tubes everywhere, and I have skin irritation all over my face due to sensitivity to medical adhesive (because of course that, of all things, is a problem for me). I can actually recall a dream where I tried to leave the hospital, and woke up trying to take off the finger clip.

It wasn't the best sleep, but I hope it provides answers. I am sick of not feeling well and not knowing what's wrong with me. On the plus side, this is now a mundane life experience that I have and can describe, which I think is beneficial as a writer. Maybe I'll have a character undergo a sleep study some day. Probably not. But if I do, I can describe it!

(I have committed to blogging daily with Give It 100. This is Day Forty-Five. Six days of leave taken total.)

© Copyright 2017 Lady Elizabeth Mormont (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Elizabeth Mormont has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913196-Sleep-Study