*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913270
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#913270 added June 14, 2017 at 2:01pm
Restrictions: None
Flag Day
Prompt: Today is Flag Day. Write anything you want about flags.

My Great Grandmother was born on Flag Day. If she was still around, she would be 120 years. I think of our beautiful US Flag and how Betsy Ross made the first one. My girlfriend bought me a small flag and Vote For Trump Buttons when she saw President Trump in person when he was still campaigning. That flag means a lot to me.

I think of how a US flag covers a soldier's or vet's coffin. Francis Scott Key wrote The Star Spangled Banner and it means a lot. My father was in Viet Nam 3 times and flies the flag in his yard. The US Flag is a symbol of our love, loyalty and hope for our country. Love America or Leave It is my motto.

When I went to the movie theatre on the military base, the Star Spangled Banner played, the flag appeared on the big screen and we stood up and saluted the flag and military men took their hats off. We respect and love our flag and country.

I like Ireland's flag, Italy, France and Canada's flag. Flags. A symbol of our country and we have pride and respect.

Knights used flags and so did pirates. Flags have many meanings but flags symbolize who we are and can be a sign of peace and everything I said earlier. Wishing everyone a Happy Flag Day!

Neat Jane Austen cameo picture.

© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913270