*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913977-Time-to-Appreciate-Life-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#913977 added June 24, 2017 at 9:04pm
Restrictions: None
Time to Appreciate Life Again
still catching up - for blog June 22

Time to Appreciate Life Again (And Catch Up on Blogging)

I missed two days of blogging this week - such a slacker, I know. :) I blame my son. He came home from a month long trip to Minnesota and I was distracted by wanting to spend time with him and such. But I will catch up.

Now, to the main topic at hand - Appreciating Life Again. Yesterday, I completely allowed negativity in the world and obviously within me too, to bring me totally down. At one point, I realized how unappreciative I was being for all my blessings but yet I couldn't or wouldn't pull myself out of my pity party. I prayed, but apparently not with an open heart. I let 4 hours at the social security office followed with less than pleasing news define how I felt about life.

Now, I still stand by the fact that the Social Security place is a non-positive experience - let's face it:
1. It (or rather many of the people) don't smell so nice
2. I had to pee and didn't dare go, because of course that's when my number would be called.
3. They don't allow you to bring in water - shockingly I guess people smuggle in 'other beverages'. I do have to agree with their no fire arms policy. I'm sure 3/4 of the people feel 'postal' after a couple of hours.
4. I'm pretty sure the air conditioner was set on 'humid' to encourage people to leave so that they might breath again.
5. At least in my case, good news was not received or explained. Empathy. . . where have you gone?
6. There were A LOT of screaming babies with parents who must have mastered the ability to tune out blood curling screams and wails.

But fair is not always fair. Usually, that saying goes fair is not always equal, but sometimes fair is simply not fair, but I refuse to allow it steal my joy.

So, I'm going to try to start or end my blogs with a list of 4 (yes, my love of the #4 again) things I'm grateful for trying not to do repeats. If you happen to follow my blog (ha ha ha ha) don't feel like you need to read them. .. I mean you can but more than likely it won't have to do with whatever I write about, but then again who knows.

Enough stalling.

Gratitude Journal:
1. I'm grateful my nephews and son are coming over today to help us organize and clean out the 'shop' aka the sort of basement where things go that we don't know where else to put.
2. I'm grateful that I love my husband's family and they love me.
3. I'm so thankful it is summer break.
4. I'm grateful that my hair is long again.

It's up to me,
Audra

© Copyright 2017 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913977-Time-to-Appreciate-Life-Again