*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914021-Wonder-Woman
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#914021 added June 24, 2017 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
Wonder Woman
Like many other people, I grew up watching the Wonder Woman television show. I enjoyed its cheesy fun, and I loved getting to see a female superhero on TV. I didn't read the comics, and I'm only just looking at getting into them now--a few of them are incredible. As I'm sure most of you suspected upon seeing the title, I'm here to talk about the movie.

It blew me away. I can't remember the last time I was so in love with an action flick. It's a great superhero movie, and a great war movie. It did everything I really wanted it to do. I'm thrilled that a sequel is coming, and I hope they keep Patty Jenkins on as the director.

I think Patty Jenkins as the director is a big part of what made the film great. Having a female superhero film, our first real female superhero film, directed by a woman made all the difference. Wonder Woman is played by an actual former Israeli combat instructor. There are Amazons who were played by real life boxers and martial artists.

You get to see women who have athletic builds while all having very different builds from one another. In one of the opening scenes, you see the classic strong warrior in training having something broken over their back and remaining unaffected by it—and this time, it's a woman. There are naturally aged women who look the way you know real women age. Women with muscles and a bit of fat. Wonder Woman's thigh jiggles when she does the classic superhero walk, and again when she does the superhero land.

None of the scenes feel oversexualised, even when they take a flirtatious tone. The battle scenes are designed to show impressive warriors, and these warriors happened to be women. I have seen this film twice now, and both times I have actually cried in seeing such strong women depicted the way strong men would be depicted.

Wonder Woman is everything I wanted from a female superhero movie. It absolutely has lived up to the generations that led to it. I hope it paves the way for further fantastic females to kick ass on screen without having to be from a male point of view.

(I have committed to blogging daily with Give It 100. This is Day Fifty-Five. Six days of leave taken total.)

© Copyright 2017 Lady Elizabeth Mormont (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Elizabeth Mormont has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914021-Wonder-Woman