*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914047-Thank-You-Zola--You-Made-My-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#914047 added June 25, 2017 at 9:02am
Restrictions: None
Thank You, Zola! You Made My Day!
blog for June 24 - one more entry and I'm caught up!

Thank You, Zola! You Made My Day!

How can you not love a dancing gorilla in water reminiscent of Flash Dance - unarguably one of the greatest movies of our time. (Don't contest this; your words will fall on deaf ears as I will have my Walkman playing 'She's a Maniac' at full blast.

I don't think I even need coffee or Spark this morning. Zola, you have me charged up ready to battle the basement.

I've never had any strong feelings towards gorillas (which is good since there are probably laws against that in Oklahoma). By that, I mean they've just kind of been there. I didn't love them or abhor them. Granted, I wasn't thrilled at watching them eat their own puke or throw feces at almost every visit I've ever had to the zoo. Not that I have gone to the zoo in the last 20 years. I hate it. It's hot, crowded, doesn't smell pleasant, and all the animals you really want to see hide. I don't blame them. I'd hide too if it was hot and people were yelling at me and snapping pictures of my every awkward move.

Zola the Dancing Gorilla has won me over though. How can you not love life watching this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm5aPK74YyU

I'm still not going to the zoo, but I will watch this video over and over in the cool comfort and solitude of my home.

Dance like no one is watching even if the world is,
Audra

Gratitudes:

1. Well, of course, I'm thankful for the joy Zola brought me this morning.
2. I appreciate nice, cold bottled water.
3. I am grateful that writing provides me a creative and therapeutic outlet.
4. I'm thankful for God's forgiveness and grace.

© Copyright 2017 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914047-Thank-You-Zola--You-Made-My-Day