*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914484-Three-Step-Character-Development-Model-UsingVignettes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#914484 added July 1, 2017 at 9:17am
Restrictions: None
Three Step Character Development Model UsingVignettes
This is the Three Step Character Development Model, we'll be using in the Exploratory Writing Workshop next term.

I'm hoping this will make it easier to understand. The model is both an example and a teaching aid.

As an example it shows the three step process at work.

As a teaching aid the student is asked to write the three vignettes from the POV of a supporting character.

In the example Prudence is the POV character. In the exercise the student is asked to replace her with Kindred as the POV character.

It is a real challenge getting students to grasp the difference between a Character and a Plot driven vignette.

Kindred is a prince, heir to the throne of the Kingdom below the Falls. He is on a quest to prove that he can survive in the wild with only a minimum of aids. He is fishing upstream when he sees Prudence chased by wolves, jump into his boat and drift out into the current.

 
STATIC
Three Step Character Model  (E)
This is a model to exemplify the first three character vignettes.
#2126778 by percy goodfellow

© Copyright 2017 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914484-Three-Step-Character-Development-Model-UsingVignettes