*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914683-Back-Hurts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2113426
This blog shall reflect bits of my life...
#914683 added July 4, 2017 at 8:43am
Restrictions: None
Back Hurts
Ok, I'm adding to this. It's been a long time.

So my back hurts. Nothing new about that. I don't do manual labor anymore, so I can hardly complain about a little pain. The thing is that it's relentless. Heat not working this time, so I iced it with some success. What I've discovered, though, is that little device available at any pharmacy (got mine at Walmart). I got one of those electric shocker things with two pads. Well, I'm not sure it helps anything heal, but the jolts certainly screw up a muscle's ability to spasm the way it would like to. Hence, the shocker does wonders to interrupt the pain.

My complaint is this: The little sticky pads seem to be coated with that stuff on sticky toys, the things you throw at the wall and they climb down. Do you know what I mean? Well, they work well but they tend to slide down and off over time. They stick to me good enough but they like to fall off at inopportune moments. Now when they come off, they are the proverbial butter side down of the bread. And when they get ahold of clothing or Heaven forbid, concrete like they did a moment ago-- they simply do not want to let go. When I finally pry them loose they are but a shadow of their former stickiness. Annoying.

All in all, I am not really complaining. Between the ice and the shocker, I'm doing good. I left work early today, and I'm off tomorrow. I'll go buy more pads if I must. I'm going to bring the thing to work with me and wear it all day. I might tape it in place. We'll see.

If you have muscle spasms give the shocker a try. They don't cost that much. I recommend getting one with standard batteries that are easy to replace. Some need little coin shaped batteries that I never seem to have around the house. That would be a frustrating pain to need in the middle of the night.

My doctor's office was supposed to call me back about a muscle relaxer prescription, but I've yet to hear from them. I also doubt that they are open tomorrow. Someone must have forgotten me. But it will all work out in the end.

I'll just keep zapping myself until it quits hurting. It usually takes about a week to clear up.

When things like this happen I always thank God for my pain. I thank Him for giving it to me instead of someone I love and for making it so small compared to the suffering of so many others.

Can't really complain about the deal I got.

© Copyright 2017 Fhionnuisce (UN: fhionnuisce at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fhionnuisce has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914683-Back-Hurts