*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914684-Double-Standards
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#914684 added July 3, 2017 at 8:55pm
Restrictions: None
Double Standards
"JAFBG"   by Elisa the Bunny Stik

So glad to see the new prompts! Today's lovely little entry will focus on:
Which double standard pisses you off the most?

Equality really fucking pisses me off. Especially when it comes to religion. No religion is superior to another. We all are created by the same God/Allah/Creator/Yahweh/Etc. Which makes none of us better than the other so take your good books, shove up them up your collective asses, and get over yourselves. I'm sure I've mentioned before that I was raised Catholic, but walked away from the religion the first chance I got. Some people seem to think that that means I don't believe in God. Bitch please.

Equality in relation to different races irritates the piss out of me. I admit it. I do not judge people by the color of their skin. Yes, I've been a dumb ass over my lifetime and made assumptions of others from that first glance. But guess what? I grew up, just like I was supposed to. Now, I make an effort to get to know people first, then I decide if they are the kinds of people I want around me. Negativity sucks the fucking energy right out of me. I'm not saying you can't have a bad day and need someone to lean on. What I am saying is that if you are constantly bitching about every fucking thing going on in your world, I'm fucking out of there. It's all about balance people. Suck up the stupid shit, learn from it, move on. Not every second of your day is a disaster. You'll get no constant pity party from me. I need light. Happiness. Laughter.

Oh dear, Creator, how I need laughter in my life. Why? Because laughing~~at myself, at someone else, in general does a Princess good. It makes the shit stink a little less. It makes me smile, and reminds me that shit happens.

When it comes to equality between men and women, well, fuck's sake, I don't think I'll see this changing in my lifetime. Not with this jag off on twitter and making it clear that men rule and women drool. Honestly, if you ask me, I'd say he'll be the one drooling in the near future. *Laugh* And if anyone finds a pic of that, by all means float it my way.

I hate being the one that's expected to be the maid of the house. Was that in my wedding vows? *Rolleyes* And cooking! Despise it. I do it because we have to eat. If I had the money and a choice, I'd fucking order take out. Although, I will say, a huge fucking thank you to summer because when summer rolls around, the grill comes out and R cooks! *Bigsmile* I do so *Heart* dinner when I'm not the one making it.

In the work place, I've seen the whole men getting ahead faster than women. When I worked at City Hall in the Building and Safety Dept, man was it ever obvious. I watched the titled head positions take bribes and gifts, but us lowly permit clerks had to turn them in. And do you know what happened to those gifts? Those fuckers with the big title got them. How fucking fair is that? Ugh! I seriously used to come home from that job and my brain was fried, I'd worked my ass off, watched other new male hires move up the chain, and got nothing extra for my effort. Most days they'd ask me to stay late. So I'd say yes, we needed the money, but got no full-time perks. City Fucking Hall. Someone hit me upside the fucking head when I start thinking I should go back there and apply for my old job. Yes, I could use the money, but I highly doubt anything substantial has changed there.

In a perfect purple world, we would all be treated the same, and judged by the good things that we do, regardless of gender, race and religion. Though I know there will come a day when I live in that kind of world.

When I'm fucking DEAD! *Laugh*


Off Topic:
Sigil for Iron born


I am diving in and looking for some good writers and reviewers to come join House Greyjoy in "Game of Thrones"   by Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm . Even if you can only participate for a couple weeks, I'd love to have you on my team.

A big shout out to Okay, Joey's full of Blarney for the awesome pep talk. If this inspired me to say hell yes to staying Iron Born for House Greyjoy, then perhaps it will sway you to come and join in the fun.

remember you are Ironborn, your heart is too full of the lust for life to lay about hapless in the snow waiting for some passerby to pounce upon. We are the wind and the salt, without either the world shall die! "We do not sow, We are the Reapers and fear nothing as what is dead cannot die!"

If you're interested in fighting for the Throne, let me know.



© Copyright 2017 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914684-Double-Standards