*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914936-Grandma-Had-Secrets
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#914936 added July 8, 2017 at 9:55am
Restrictions: None
Grandma Had Secrets
Prompt: Grandma had secrets.

I knew some of my Grandmas' secrets so I will tell you what I know.

Great Grandma Edna had a secret to get rid of warts. I don't want to call it a spell or incantation but she visited gypsies when they camped by her and Great Granddad for a week. A gypsy got mad at a man and drew a circle around him and he couldn't move for 3 days so she bought his meals to him and put a blanket over him at night when he laid down. John Dillinger had a hide out by my Great Grandparents and he would drive by and tip his hat and wave at them. They never told the police. Great Granma had a friend who went down on the Titanic and she had had gotten a postcard from her of the Titanic but we can't find the postcard. My mother has all her belongings in a big wooden chest. Great Grandma had several photo albums and decorated them with scarfs, postcards and she would have been a great scrapbooker. Her biggest secret? Her marriage license and postcards from her friends revealed her secret. She was 3 months pregnant when she got married! She was only 15. This was 1908. Back then, these things were kept secret. Grandpa was upset because he didn't know. Who cares? It was a long time ago and Great Grandma was one of the greatest ladies I ever knew.

My other Great Grandmother was full blooded Cherokee. I never knew her. I would loved to have met her but she died before I was born. She smoked a pipe.

My mother's mother raised me due to Dad being in the military and my mother, too but I was with his my grandparents a lot in the summer. Mom was with Dad when he wasn't in Viet Nam and was stationed somewhere else. Grandma was raised by her aunt because her aunt couldn't have children and her parents had 8 kids and Grandma came home for visits. Grandma failed seventh grade and her aunt was a school teacher. Go figure.

So, there you have my grandmothers' secrets.

Neat Jane Austen cameo picture.

© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914936-Grandma-Had-Secrets