*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914948-My-Childhood-Fictional-Role-Models
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#914948 added July 8, 2017 at 4:03pm
Restrictions: None
My Childhood Fictional Role Models
As a child, I enjoyed books, movies, and television just as much as other children. I ended up developing quite the number of role models who did not exist in real life, but who were very real to me. I had so many fictional people that I consistently looked up to as a child that I can't actually remember all of them. I can remember enough of them to share them right here though.

Hermione Granger
As a child, I was quite the bookworm and know-it-all, so of course I read Harry Potter endlessly, and of course I related to Hermione a good deal. Hermione showed me that you can be book smart, you can be true to yourself, and in the end of it all, you'll still have good friends that you can be the hero with and for. Hermione was top of her class, an activist, a bookworm, an animal lover, and a hero.

Anne Shirley
I actually owned several copies of Anne of Green Gables, watched the movies and the cartoons, and visited Green Gables in PEI. I was quite fascinated by Anne and her story. Anne showed me that you could be a dreamer, a writer, passionate about education, passionate about life, and that you could do all of that even if you had a bad past or self doubts. She was also Canadian, and I didn't have many Canadian book heroes to admire.

Violet and Klaus Baudelaire
The Baudelaire siblings of A Series of Unfortunate Events each brought their own admirable qualities to the table. Violet showed me that girls could be just as good inventors as anyone else. Klaus showed me that book smarts could get you where you needed to go. Both of them showed me that no matter how bad things get, you can still persevere.

Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury
Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury each showed me different ends of a spectrum that often persisted in my brain. Sailor Moon showed me that as long as you could put aside your fears, and fight evil with a brave face, you could triumph even if you weren't the most athletic or studious person. Sailor Mercury showed me that you could put your smarts in to help fight that evil.

Elizabeth Swan
Elizabeth Swan of Pirates of the Caribbean left me with a lot to consider and admire. She got involved with the thing that fascinated her (pirates), used her knowledge to her benefit, was brave in the face of danger, and proved to me that a woman could get just as involved in the action and adventure as any man could.

(I have committed to blogging daily with Give It 100. This is Day Sixty-Eight. Seven days of leave taken total.)

© Copyright 2017 Lady Elizabeth Mormont (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Elizabeth Mormont has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914948-My-Childhood-Fictional-Role-Models