*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914990-Worst-Excuses-To-Get-Out-Of-Work
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#914990 added July 9, 2017 at 10:09am
Restrictions: None
Worst Excuses To Get Out Of Work
Prompt: Five Sixer asked us what is one of the worst excuses we have heard for someone to call in and an excuse to get out of work. What was the reaction of the person receiving the excuse?

I have heard them all. I work in health care and I am in charge of the night shift and people call in. Here are the excuses:

A guy called in for his sister who is sick. I asked what is wrong with her. His answer: "You name it, she's got it!"

A woman called in and said she wouldn't be in because she couldn't find her husband. She needed him to watch the kids. He was out deer hunting with friends and his friends couldn't find him. They found him in the morning in the woods. He was drunk. This same woman called in another time because she fell in a hole and was waiting for someone to get her out. She had her phone with her. This same woman called in a month later. She was sick, so was her baby daughter and her other older teen-age daughter was missing.

Another woman called in. Her dog was hit by a car and was in and out of consciousness. I get that. I love animals dearly. I had to go to a meeting 2 days later, drove past her house and her dog was running around and in better shape then I am! I am glad the dog was fine but I think she lied.

A woman's husband called in for her saying it was too cold to come to work. It was 10 below. The rest of came to work. We had to endure it.

Another guy called in for his wife. I asked what was wrong with her. He said: "Well, um, um, um, well she's got the s***s!" His wife was so embarrassed. I said you mean diarrhea. He didn't know that it was called. He said yeah.

Another girl called in and said she had a bladder infection. We later found out she was calling from jail. She had been arrested for drugs.

When I took these calls, I just said: "Really?" There you have it.

** Image ID #2122059 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914990-Worst-Excuses-To-Get-Out-Of-Work