*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915355-Dr-Spock-Michael-Jackson-and-Petra
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#915355 added July 14, 2017 at 2:08am
Restrictions: None
Dr. Spock, Michael Jackson, and Petra
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1946, Dr. Benjamin Spock’s The Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care was first published. How useful really, in your opinion (whether you have kids or not), are parenting books? And (I'm not judgin' anyone, but...) what does it say about the person who is reading from anything sporting a title beginning with "The Common Sense Book..."?

Dr. Spock’s book was very famous back in the years. There really was a market for it and a lot of parents read it, or parts of it. A lot of professionals took this book as their bible in parenting. I don’t have kids of my own but I worked a lot with troubled youth and families. It always appalled me that you have to have a license for everything these days, except for parenting which is probably the most difficult and most challenging of all activities. I do believe it’s important for parents to read about parenting. It can give them tips and tricks and it will guide them in this so difficult task of upbringing your kids. It is not holy of course, but it will give parents a frame to work with. I think that is really necessary because too many parents just fool around (with the best intentions no doubt) and do a crappy job. Having said that, there is, of course, no one way of parenting. It’s all a mix of everything. But reading about psychological and educational insights can be very helpful.



*Right* I'm Gonna Make A Change, For Once In My Life, It's Gonna Feel Real Good, Gonna Make A Difference, Gonna Make It Right . . .- Michael Jackson, Man In The Mirror. Discuss the song quote or something about Michael Jackson. (BCoFs)

I think Michael Jackson was important in pop culture and has influenced a lot of people with his music, his appearances and his moves, like the Moonwalk. Not me though. I only remember him for his nose job, his white skin (a disease) and the awful way he held his young kid over the balcony while photographers shot this horrible picture of child abuse. And of course his love of kids, which turned out into criminal lawsuits of people who took advantage of the situation. He was a troubled soul I think. But that’s not what people remember him by I hope.

So let’s watch him in his finest hour and listen!






*Right*Let's have some fun take each letter in your first name and choose a word with the same letter. Like for instance mine is Lyn. lovely young naive... now once you have the letters create a poem, story or just discuss something in your blog for fun using those words like this (ex: There was a lovely, young naive woman who loved to chase the boys around town.) There's a merit badge for the most interesting blog entry, so have fun! (BC)

My name is PETRA: so Petrified extraterrestrial tantrum, radio-active.
He was an alien out of space, with a petrified extraterrestrial tantrum, radio-active at best, but green and slimy at worse. The Gods of the Universe had cast him out of their realm in the sky and send him to Earth where he spent his days in complete solitude. People knew him by the name of Mr. Flying Saucer and he was seen frequently while holding a supermarket trolley carrying his belongings. After years of living rough, he looked just like any other old has-been that lived on the streets. When he died nobody mourned for him. Just a star in the sky flickered as a reminder of where he came from. But nobody noticed.


Petra & Arie

© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915355-Dr-Spock-Michael-Jackson-and-Petra