*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915363-Amazoncom-Love-to-Hate-in-48-Hours
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#915363 added July 14, 2017 at 7:47am
Restrictions: None
Amazon.com: Love to Hate in 48 Hours
On "Prime Day," I had my eye on a 15-inch Chromebook, reduced from $250 to $200. From the same computer , with two different credit cards , I purchased one Chromebook using my household's Prime account, and I purchased one using my company's Prime account.

Then on Wednesday, after the Prime Day sale had ended , Amazon canceled the order I placed with my household account. The following email thread commenced, which culminated in the cancellation of my Prime subscription and an order from Walmart.com.

I have loved Amazon for years and bragged about their amazing service. I would have never shopped around before this happened, but Amazon's service officially sucks now.

Also, to explain my first reply, I didn't read carefully and missed the "Customers are not allowed to use multiple accounts to bypass these limits" line. Otherwise, I would have started with my second reply.


***
Hello,

We cancelled your order 112-3211905-9522658 because it exceeds the quantity limit for that item. Quantity limits are displayed during the ordering process.

We limit the number of orders customers can place for certain promotional or popular items. Customers are not allowed to use multiple accounts to bypass these limits.

To learn more about quantity limits, search for “About the Shopping Cart” in Amazon.com Help.

To help us understand why your order exceeds the quantity limit, please reply to this email with the following information:

-- Reasons why you ordered more products than are allowed
-- Feedback to help us improve our service

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Account Specialist
Amazon.com
www.amazon.com

***

I don't understand why this order was canceled. I ordered one unit. What is the quantity limit, zero?? Regards,
Michelle Johns

***

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

I understand your concern regarding cancellation of your Amazon.com order.

We found that you used more than one account to place orders that exceed the quantity limit restrictions found on some items. This is a misuse of our services, which is against our Conditions of Use and Sale.

As a result, the Order ID: 112-3211905-9522658 has been cancelled.

To learn more about quantity limits, search for “About the Shopping Cart” in Amazon.com Help.

The maximum quantity can be purchased once in any 7-day period. For pre-orders, the maximum quantity can be purchased once within the pre-order period.

A quantity limit is the maximum number of any item that can be purchased. Items with quantity restrictions have very low prices and/or a limited supply, and we want to ensure that many customers are able to order them. As our prices and product supply change, these limits may change too.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please reply to this email.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Regards,
Account Specialist
Amazon.com.

***

I am affiliated with two accounts. One is a personal account for my family, and one is a business account with its own employer identification number and 50 employees. I purchased this item for myself. My BUSINESS purchased one for my reception department to use.
Please review the order histories of both accounts and note that both myself and my business do a lot of business with Amazon.com, and then reinstate this order that you canceled. If your $50 discount is still more important to you than my business, then please cancel the auto-renewal on the Prime account connected with this email address. Regards,
Michelle

***

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about the situation.

We've noticed you have used more than one customer account to place orders that exceed the quantity limit restrictions found on some items. This activity violates the Amazon.com Conditions of Use. You may find the Conditions of Use on this page:

www.amazon.com/conditionsofuse

Please be informed that once order is cancelled it cannot be reinstated.

Items with quantity restrictions have very low prices and/or a limited supply, and we want to ensure that many customers are able to order them. As our prices and product supply change, these limits may change too.

The maximum quantity can be purchased once in any 7-day period. For pre-orders, the maximum quantity can be purchased once within the pre-order period.

To learn more about quantity limits, search for “About the Shopping Cart” in Amazon.com Help.

I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter.

Please contact the customer service regarding any other issues.They'll be happy to help you.

Your understanding is appreciated.

***

PLEASE CANCEL MY PRIME RENEWAL ON THE ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
I'm very disappointed. I have always spoken very highly of Amazon's customer service. You are sending me form letters and not reading and responding to my words. Your form letters are making me angry, which is not consistent with the service I have come to expect from Amazon.com.
Please confirm that my account associated with <this email address> will not auto-renew Prime. I'll take my business to Walmart. Regards,
Michelle

***

Hello,

Thanks for writing back.

Regarding the prime auto renewal, please contact our customer service as they will be able to assist you.

Please click Contact Us on any Amazon.com Help page to reach our Customer Service team (http://www.amazon.com/contact-us).

Regards,
Account specialist
Amazon.com

***

Thank you. I canceled my Prime. Also, I found the exact same laptop you're refusing to sell me, for the exact same ("Prime Day") price, with free 2-day shipping (no annual subscriptions required), at Walmart.com. See the link below.

I would have never even thought to shop around if your customer service policies didn't suck. If anyone at Amazon cares about customer feedback, here are my complaints:

1. If my household and my company both pay for Prime subscriptions, they should both be eligible for Prime Day discounts.

2. If you're going to refuse to accommodate complaint #1, make that policy clear (not buried in an agreement somewhere) instead of making people feel like criminals after the fact. Why would I ever think that my household and my company, which both pay for separate Prime subscriptions, would not both be eligible for the same Prime discounts?

3. Don't use form letters to respond to upset customers.

4. Sign your replies with a person's name instead of hiding behind a generic "Account specialist" signature.

Here's the Walmart link:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-CB5-571-C4G4-15-6-Chromebook-Chrome-OS-Intel-Cel...

Regards,
Michelle

© Copyright 2017 Brandiwyn🎶 (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brandiwyn🎶 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915363-Amazoncom-Love-to-Hate-in-48-Hours