*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915399
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #2127684
a collection of stories about The Hangmans daughter
#915399 added July 17, 2017 at 12:26am
Restrictions: None
Word Of Illusion
The Hangman's Daughter sat back, admiring her handiwork. Well done! Father would be proud ... Her senses sparked, cutting thought off as movement sent her diving to the right just in time to avoid being caught in a weighted net. She scrambled to her feet and was about to turn and run when she heard a voice whisper, "This way, this way." she looked around, spying, a river dwarf with a diamond set into his forehead, In a second, she reached a decision and moved toward his position. "Why are you helping me?" The annoyance in his voice was clear, "We don't have time for this, All your questions will be answered ... but not now." Touching the diamond on his forehead, he seemed to be communicating with someone. He removed his hand from his forehead then lightly brushed a stray lock of green hair from his eyes, "This way," he commanded, leading her down an alley. As they walked quickly away, the sky began to brighten overhead.
© Copyright 2017 R.E. Pete (UN: glarg1675 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
R.E. Pete has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915399