*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915542
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #2112404
Celebrating the two hundredth Anniversaries of The Birth of Baha'u'llah and The Bab
#915542 added August 11, 2017 at 8:35pm
Restrictions: None
I Am a Baha'i Woman
I Am a Baha'i Woman:
To The Blessed Beauty

I am a Baha'i woman who was not born into the Baha'i Faith. I chose to become a Baha'i because I believe that Baha'u'llah is the latest in the line of messengers sent by God, the creator of the universe. The path that led me to change my religion from Southern Baptist to Baha'i was a long one, in both years and miles. My search started when I was living in Blackwell, Oklahoma, with two dreams. The first dream occurred when I was living at my parents' house on West College. The second dream occurred when I was at my grandparents' home in the Smelter Heights.

I am a Baha'i woman,
I am a Baha'i poet,
I contemplate--
in solitary moments--
the sacred rhymes of Divinity.

In the first dream, which has remained clear over the years, I was in my bed when I looked out a small window that was above the bed. As I looked out that window, I saw Christ returning in the clouds. The clouds around his face were white, glowing bright and glorious. They concealed everything about the Lord except his eyes, which were shining with joy.

I am a Baha'i poet,
I am a Baha'i woman,
I inhale
the fragrance of serenity
from the hyacinths
of paradise.

In the second dream, which has remained just as clear as the first, I was at my grandparents' house when someone knocked at the side door. I opened the door, to find a friend, from the Southern Baptist Mission in the Smelter Heights, standing there. She said to me, "Neva, come to the mission on Sunday because Christ is going to return that day." I smiled and said, "No, he's not because he's already returned." This is when I woke up.


Poet's Note:

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915542