*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915644-Performance-message-and-fascist-regime
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#915644 added July 18, 2017 at 8:58am
Restrictions: None
Performance, message, and fascist regime
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Talk Tuesday! I'm going to a writing workshop at my local library this Tuesday. Tell us about some of your writing experiences outside of WDC. Have you ever attended a workshop or taken a writing class? Have you ever participated in a writing group, or read to an audience? What was it like? Anything you can tell people who haven't done it before (or haven't done it in a long time)?

I took writing courses outside WdC. One was an online course in short stories, but I didn’t finish it because this Summer I write less. The other was a one day workshop on memoir writing. I liked doing both, I learned a few things that helped me with my writing.

I performed once as a poet on stage with a poem of mine. It was in a nice little bar with an audience of 15 people. I wasn’t nervous as I thought I should be. I liked doing this, it gave me a boost as a poet. I would like to do it again, given the chance. Just try it for yourself and cherish the experience, you would be surprised!



*Right*As you plug your cell phone in to charge it, you are surprised by ... (BCoFs)

I am surprised by a text message from Louise my American cousin who died two days ago.
I never knew her well, she was a bit of a loner I heard and didn’t have much contact with the family the last couple of years. This April she was in a car accident. Apparently, she had an emboli in her brain which caused her to have an accident. In which she broke her neck. She was taken to the hospital and had several surgeries. When she was conscious again they told her that she had to learn everything again: learning how to speak, to eat, to walk, to function properly and that she would be dependent on other people while doing so. She answered she would not want that for a life and the treatment had to stop. She then was taken to a hospice where she died a few days later. Fortunately, she was in no pain.

The text message was: I am in heaven now! Love Louise.



*Right*Prompt: Do you think being oneself can be a brave act? Under what kinds of circumstances would we be afraid to be ourselves? (BC)

We should never be afraid to be ourselves. But in a fascist dictatorship, you probably would be afraid to be yourself while risking jail, torture or worse.


Petra & Arie

© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915644-Performance-message-and-fascist-regime